Voice Search update

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Normally when I go to the Market there's a list of apps and if I already have an app, it'll say "Installed." Also when I go to Downloads I get a list at the top of what has updates. That's pretty normal for most, if not all, of us.

Yesterday I went to the Market and it had an app called Voice Search. That came with the Droid, I believe, and have had it for some time. It didn't show installed, it showed available to install. At first I thought it was another app (although it had the same icon as what I had). I downloaded it.

It was an update to the app I already had, but it didn't act like what I described in the first paragraph. The UI looks different, but it surprised me when I press the icon that I've had for some time and the new one showed up.

No biggie, just wanted to see if that happened to others.

RoNYC

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought as well that it was something new but apparently not. Might just be an update to the preinstalled one? New version?

OP
aaf709

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it was just an update, but the big difference was how I go it. I only found out by looking at the apps that appear when you open the Market, not in the Downloads area.