App updates

crazy51guy

Reaction score
What's up guys, I have a quick question about updating apps. I tried searching but it is such a newb question I didn't find an answer...? lolz.

How do I update (or know when there is an update) for my apps? I've had my phone for 2 days and have about 20 apps. I updated to 2.0.1 no problem b/c it notified me of the update. I also downloaded the facebook app and before I installed it, the phone told me the app I downloaded was just an update for the facebook app already on the phone. Under "Manage Applications" the facebook app wasn't even listed so I didn't know what version I had, or that it was outdated...?

I hope that all made sense, thanks guys. Merry Christmas fellow droid peoples!! haha =)

cheelay

Reaction score
When updates are available for any of your apps from the Market you will get a little notification icon in your upper task bar. You can also go to the Market on your phone, then click the Menu button and go to the Downloads section. Sometimes that will show you the apps that have updates available.

OP
C

crazy51guy

Reaction score
Oh ok, gotcha. Thanks for the info. I thought that's how it worked but since I wasn't told about the facebook app having an update available I wasn't sure....that's weird. I guess because that app was already on the phone. Come to think of it, I think the same thing happened for google maps....hmmm

Scottyrocket

Reaction score
Hey CrazyGuy,

I have noticed that in the Market you have to really the descriptions to make sure they are not the update if you are looking for the application. For example, if you want to download HandCent you have to be careful because there are several add ons listed that specifically say in the description not to attempt a download, or make sure you have the application before attempting an add on. For the Facebook, you need version 1.1.2 as the most up to date application from them. Good luck and ask away if you have more questions.