voice command

mrwright1983

Reaction score
Do any know how can I turn the voice command setting off,please help cause it is getting very bad every time I hit my home key it is going to voice command.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think the only possible way to do this is if you root.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've got the droid 1. The search key brings up the voice along with search command, but there are a couple of apps that will remap this to other purposes if you don't want the default one. My home key doesn't bring up search or voice at all. But the d2 may be different?

Has your phone always done this or is this a recent development?

pool_shark

Reaction score
It's set to do that by default on the D2 if you hit the home button twice.

You can change what app the home key double tap opens, but you can't disable it, unless that can be done with an app.

bassboyeditor

Reaction score
Voice Command and Droid 2

I agree, I've had the Droid 2 since July and I can only say I want to smash it and burn the remaining pieces. It's constantly freezing. The screen randomly goes black and once it does you can hit the unlock button all you want but it won't help. Then there's the lovely voice command feature. Whatever drug addict, or moron decided to create this phone's features like "Silent Mode" doesn't understand what Silence means. I'd like Silent mode to mean kill all sounds PERIOD! I'm in church reading the bible on my phone and I'll be in the choir loft, and I hit the home button accidentally, here comes the lovely voice command. The screen goes black for a moment and it has taken up to 2 minutes for it to think and then say, "PLEASE SAY A COMMAND" Not even God Himself could stop it. I hit every button and nothing. I have to rip out the battery to stop it before it blurts it out. GREAT now they release the iPhone unlike last year when I needed it the most!

Reaction score
I agree, I've had the Droid 2 since July and I can only say I want to smash it and burn the remaining pieces. It's constantly freezing. The screen randomly goes black and once it does you can hit the unlock button all you want but it won't help. Then there's the lovely voice command feature. Whatever drug addict, or moron decided to create this phone's features like "Silent Mode" doesn't understand what Silence means. I'd like Silent mode to mean kill all sounds PERIOD! I'm in church reading the bible on my phone and I'll be in the choir loft, and I hit the home button accidentally, here comes the lovely voice command. The screen goes black for a moment and it has taken up to 2 minutes for it to think and then say, "PLEASE SAY A COMMAND" Not even God Himself could stop it. I hit every button and nothing. I have to rip out the battery to stop it before it blurts it out. GREAT now they release the iPhone unlike last year when I needed it the most!

I highly recommend you SBF your phone. I know it sounds dumb, but I bet it takes care of some of your glitches.

squeege

Reaction score
Guys..there is a very simple solution here. Go to applications menu. Switch the double tap home setting to something other than voice command. Problem solved. I hated that voice command also and could not figure out how I was triggering it. Found it when browsing the settings.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bassboyeditor

Reaction score
I consider myself to be a quick learner with all things tech. Explain in detail how to do that. I've gone to the applications menu and tried everything, and I can't find where to turn that shortcut off.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I consider myself to be a quick learner with all things tech. Explain in detail how to do that. I've gone to the applications menu and tried everything, and I can't find where to turn that shortcut off.

You can't turn it off you can only change it.
Menu - setting - applications - double tap home launch.

bassboyeditor

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I don't know how I missed it