New "Voice Commands" program loads very slowly first time

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I use the Voice Command app (which I really like) it takes up to 15s to load the first time, second time almost instantaneously.

Is this how it is on your Droid? Just wondering if this is a just-me issue, of if it is the same for everyone.

slowtype

Reaction score
mine does the same thing. Sometimes it loads fast, sometimes it takes a considerable amount of time to load.

solar

Reaction score
ugh, I hate that too. The voice is nicer then the stock and I like that i prompts you and waits for a yes/no, but dammit, it loads slowly!

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I loaded Voice Command again later and it was slow again, so not sure why it was fast that one time...tried again just now after I had rebooted, and it took 17 seconds to load first time, 2 seconds second time.

So still an issue...Google/Motorola has to be aware of this and working on it (hope!).

Dragoro

Reaction score
Yeah takes a bit for the first time for me as well. I never use it so no big deal for me.

solar

Reaction score
I think its a Motorola. It looks to me like its part of Blur because it was different on my Droid1 with Froyo. Who know how likely they are to fix it. Probaby not very, lol.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah...you also can't hear/speak commands via BT...it only works from the phone, but you start a call then it does go to the BT device. They have some work to do here...