Voice Command Stopped

Razrhead

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Voice Commands has stopped. This is the only response I can get from voice commands. This started happening this afternoon. No voice dialing, no voice commands. This was the only voice app that worked on the motorcycle over bluetooth. Now it will not work over built in mic or bluetooth. I've tried clearing cache, disable - enable, power off and on.

kcswiss

Reaction score
Same with mine. I installed jawbone companion after getting an era...didn't have that problem with icon and same app. Tried deactivating and activating, turned off and on. No help from Verizon said to contact motorola

dschaper

Reaction score
Try uninstalling any Play Music updates. I had the same problem...

OP
R

Razrhead

Reaction score
Thanks dschaper. Google Play Music appears to be the problem. I uninstalled the Play Music update and now Voice Commands is back in business. The funny thing is, the Google Music Player is better without the update so this is a win - win for me.

Dave1441

Reaction score
Thanks dschaper. Uninstalling Google Music corrected my issue.

ASongbird

Reaction score
Try uninstalling any Play Music updates. I had the same problem...
I don't use Play Music and am having the same problem. The version installed is v5.0.1026j.676641. Is there a way I can just remove the app?

Update: I just went into manage apps and did an uninstall of Play Music updates and the problem is solved. Before it stopped completely, it was not recognizing the names for voice dialing ever since I installed jelly bean and it fixed that problem as well. Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited:

kevbelz

Reaction score
I have the same problem, and none of this is working for me.
Whereas I used to click the phone button on my BT Headset on my motorcycle helmet, and say "Play Rush" to hear my playlist named "Rush", I now get the most assinine BS responses like " did you say Call Kate?", " did you say call Katie", or "no playlists stored" even though I have 18 stored.
It is killing me. I un-updated Google Play Music, currently I am back on v4.4.811h.526848.
No help. I guess I would actually like it better if it crashed rather than if it misinterpreted my commands.. Its as if I am speaking a different language.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Whereas I used to click the phone button on my BT Headset on my motorcycle helmet, and say "Play Rush" to hear my playlist named "Rush", I now get the most assinine BS responses like " did you say Call Kate?", " did you say call Katie", or "no playlists stored" even though I have 18 stored.
It is killing me. I un-updated Google Play Music, currently I am back on v4.4.811h.526848.
No help. I guess I would actually like it better if it crashed rather than if it misinterpreted my commands.. Its as if I am speaking a different language.

Motorola released an update to the Voice Command app last week (maybe week before) that is supposed to correct the issue with conflicts with the Play Music app. Supposedly, voice commands now work even with the updated Play Music app. I updated Voice Commands on my Bionic and have no issues with voice commands with my bluetooth headset, or without. I have not updated the Play Music app yet, but the update for Voice Commands seems to work pretty good. Might be worth a try.

OP
R

Razrhead

Reaction score

Your problem seems a little different from the one I experienced. Voice command would not even start up much less try to execute a command. I have tried the latest update for google music player and voice command functions with this update. There is one change. When I call up a playlist the google music player starts up, but no playlist and no music. At least voice command will do other things. I haven't had much luck on the motorcycle with voice recognition. I am on a Goldwing. Once I start the engine google search and other voice apps quit working. Voice Command will make phone calls. Car Tunes, which works fine with the engine off, will not work once I start the engine. I use Car Tunes and Power Amp for my music players.

kevbelz

Reaction score
Your problem seems a little different from the one I experienced. Voice command would not even start up much less try to execute a command. I have tried the latest update for google music player and voice command functions with this update. There is one change. When I call up a playlist the google music player starts up, but no playlist and no music. At least voice command will do other things. I haven't had much luck on the motorcycle with voice recognition. I am on a Goldwing. Once I start the engine google search and other voice apps quit working. Voice Command will make phone calls. Car Tunes, which works fine with the engine off, will not work once I start the engine. I use Car Tunes and Power Amp for my music players.

I had the same experience, I think, in the beginning. When I would hit the phone button on my headset it would crash, but it was in my pocket. I caught the problem early enough that I couldn't find any references to it on any forums. When I arrived at my destination my riding buddies thought I was crazy, searching for solutions, wiping my phone and restarting from scratch. The next day it hit all of the forums and I tried so many different things, I can't tell what caused it. But I cannot get back to what it used to be no matter what. I wonder if the fact that I wiped mu phone is preventing me from reverting back to a previous versions of any/all of the culprits. But it is truly driving me crazy. Things were so good before that anything less is shocking to me.
Now when i sah play (insert playlist name) it tells me i havent saved amy playlists. I am on an fjr1300, and mount my phone on handlebars so I can hit a button or two fairly safely. But when it rains...

OP
R

Razrhead

Reaction score
Kevbelz,

You've probably already tried this. Go into manage apps and go to music player and clear data. This worked a couple times for me. Right now when I call up a playlist voice command announces the playlist and starts the music player. The music player starts up but nothing happens. I've got my music player rolled back to the original version. There is probably some version between the oldest version and the newest version that works but you can't update to that version.