1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

VM heap size

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by juniorjwh, Mar 23, 2011.

1. juniorjwh

juniorjwh New Member

How do I modify the heap size if I want a value larger then 32m? What file do I modify ?
  2. jengas kahn

jengas kahn New Member

use any file explorer with root access (root explorer) and navigate to the system folder.
    you'll see on the top right of this program's interface there will be a little tab that you can press, you want it to go from r/o to r/w (read only to read/write).
    in the system folder will be a file 'build.prop'. long press it and scroll down through options to open in text editor. you'll have to do some looking around but there should be a part that says vm heapsize=32mb or something like that. shouldn't be too hard to find. change it, save and exit and remount to r/o. changes are applied on reboot.

hope that was helpful.
  3. juniorjwh

juniorjwh New Member

Added that or modified every .prop file. And the system isn't reflecting the change after rebooting. I also tried modifying then deleting davlik cache, and no luck.
  4. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

Before you modify it, check out this thread over at XDA. They say bigger doesn't mean better.

VM Heap Size 24m vs 32m (Incredible on 2.2) - xda-developers
Search tags for this page

android change heap size

best heap size for droidx
can i change android heapsize

droid x heap size

droid x vm heap

droid x vm heap size

heapsize android

how to change vm heapsize in verizon sgs3?
how to use vm heap in droid x
increase heap size root
razr i vm heap
to+large+vm+heap+size+in android

vm heap size android

vm heap size droid x

xoom heap size