Visitor Mode

Bauce

Reaction score
Ok, so I love the MIUI rom, but I'm not quite sure what exactly the Visitor Mode is and whether I should have it enabled or not. Any help?

fox_dye

Reaction score
It hides call logs and text messages and what not so if you let someone see your phone to play with or what have you they can rifle through your ****

OP
B

Bauce

Reaction score
Allright, thanks for the help.

illmatic636

Reaction score
This is an outstanding feature. I'm gonna have to leave CM6.1.2 and come back to MIUI. Just wish I was getting better battery. I know, wrong thread...

Thanks for the info

texstar420

Reaction score
This is an outstanding feature. I'm gonna have to leave CM6.1.2 and come back to MIUI. Just wish I was getting better battery. I know, wrong thread...

Thanks for the info
I would try juice defender. I have been using it for a while now and I get much better battery life and I leave everything on all the time ie. gps bluetooth wifi 3g. I got the full version because I like it so much. I usually get a 2.x multiplier. Its greatdancedroid.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...read-before-posting-ui-related-questions.html

(22) Visitor Mode Hides your call log and MMS msgs if you are letting someone use your phone or just showing it off. Long press power button, select Visitor Mode.

w00t.gif

rob22202

Reaction score
To continue the hijack...

I sadly had to go back to UD because the battery life was really that much worse on MIUI. It is by far the best ROM out there but, dammit, the battery life sucks.

illmatic636

Reaction score

Thanks for the info
I would try juice defender. I have been using it for a while now and I get much better battery life and I leave everything on all the time ie. gps bluetooth wifi 3g. I got the full version because I like it so much. I usually get a 2.x multiplier. Its greatdancedroid.

Thanks for the tip.. I'll give the lite version a try. If it's working well I'll buy the full. Thanks again

parker34

Reaction score
Is there any way to get into visitor mode without having to hold down the power button...my power button sunk in and does not work anymore and I would really like to find an alternative way to do this

sparty569

Reaction score
Pull down the notifications bar and click the toggles or swipe to the left.

You should be able to select it from there.

parker34

Reaction score
I do not see an option for visitor mode in the pull down toggles...I am still on 1.3.25 which is still a 2.2 build. Maybe they added it in the toggles in a later version?

parker34

Reaction score
Dang, well I've been looking for some good reasons to try out the gingerbread MIUI even though I'm afraid of missing texts...oh well I guess I may try it, but can't do it manually because of this darn power button...clockwork here i come