Virtual keyboard adultery

CBLJazz

Reaction score
I'm in virtual keyboard limbo waiting for the swype team to allow me to put the beta version on my new insurance phone.

i'm a text addict so while i'm waiting i'm trying SHAPE WRITER & SLIDE IT.

SLIDE IT is clearly the winner but...

SLIDE IT QUESTION

how do you move the cursor like in swype?

UPDATE: can't use slideit in all text fields- absolute insanity (why would i not have access to all features at all times?)

SHAPE WRITER QUESTION
how do you move the cursor like in swype?

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Haven't used SlideIt in a while, but I believe that you go to the 12@ key on the lower left part of the keyboard and click it. On the number keyboard, there are arrow keys that allow you to move the cursor, under the 7,8 and 9 numbers.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not working for me either, installed fine and it comes up fine but it's not typing the words I am swyping, makes the sounds and acts like it wants to but then wont.

2amReply

Reaction score
Don't disable android keyboard in settings. I did and Swype would not work. Be sure to hold down on the empty space at the bottom of the text message and choose 'input method'. Choose Swype. Restart if this still doesn't help you get words out of the app.

hoosiermama

Reaction score
A dumb question from a newbie...I want to try Swype beta. I am not rooted...Can I download that to the SD card? If so, where, and then what the heck do I do?

Thank you...

brochaos

Reaction score
download astro file viewer from the market and then browse to and open the file with it. from there you can instasll.