Videos Won't play help

BKB

Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me a few videos that she made on her iPhone (yea I know her phone sux) but I can't play them on my Driod even when I try to convert them.to an avi on my PC they will play on my PC but not on the Droid. what should or can I do Cuz I really have to see these vids

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me a few videos that she made on her iPhone (yea I know her phone sux) but I can't play them on my Driod even when I try to convert them.to an avi on my PC they will play on my PC but not on the Droid. what should or can I do Cuz I really have to see these vids

The issue with iPhone and Android is that they both use the same underlying video format but the packaging is different on both. I believe the video files she sent you were a .mov format which Android does not recognized because that is a Apple product only format. You can convert the movie on your computer using DVDCatalyst and put them back on your phone, other than that, really no way around it. One but not guarenteed to work method is to use a File Manager such as Astro and rename the video file from .mov to .mp4 but like I said, it may not work that easy.

gimpakevin

Reaction score
Maybe handbrake?

We use an open source program called "handbrake" to convert videos from various formats into mpeg 4 for playback on the Android. We've used other, even expensive, programs like Adobe CS4 and the resulting files don't always play. You might give it a try. You can download it from HandBrake.

Good luck!

ML0725

Reaction score
I was able to play videos that a friend sent me from his iPhone. However, after the recent update, I cannot play them. They are .mov videos. They used to play. However, the very same videos will not play after the update. Why?