VIDEO [HOW TO] Unbrick, Unroot, Relock Verizon Galaxy S4!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;bxNPHKKpvtQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxNPHKKpvtQ[/video]

It is simple to return your phone to out of the box factory settings. Simply flash the stock image in Odin. There is really nothing at all to it. Follow the instructions in the video above. Grab the files at the link below.

Downloads Here

Last edited:

rdb

Reaction score
Odin Fail (Auth)

Nice tutorial. I appreciate the thorough explanation.

I'm running into an Odin error though with this and any other rom I'm trying to flash. It's the same error on multiple pc's, with different usb cables, etc... I've really isolated it down to just a phone issue.

I was doing the most recent stock firmware update through Kies and it failed. I tried the emergency recovery and it fails as well.

I've attached a screenshot of the Odin failure.

Any advice on how to get my s4 back to stock or mod... I don't care at this point.

Thanks.

kbatrph

Reaction score
Nice tutorial. I appreciate the thorough explanation.

I'm running into an Odin error though with this and any other rom I'm trying to flash. It's the same error on multiple pc's, with different usb cables, etc... I've really isolated it down to just a phone issue.

I was doing the most recent stock firmware update through Kies and it failed. I tried the emergency recovery and it fails as well.

I've attached a screenshot of the Odin failure.

Any advice on how to get my s4 back to stock or mod... I don't care at this point.

Thanks.

if you updated to the newest firmware, you CANNOT go back to the old...that is one of the things Verizon (or Samsung, or both) did to our phones....one, to remove root and close up the bootloader exploit, and 2, make it impossible to go back to the previous firmware. Your only option at this point is to try to run the update again. If it doesn't work, try a factory hard reset, but it will go to the newest firmware, not the oldest

rdb

Reaction score
if you updated to the newest firmware, you CANNOT go back to the old...that is one of the things Verizon (or Samsung, or both) did to our phones....one, to remove root and close up the bootloader exploit, and 2, make it impossible to go back to the previous firmware. Your only option at this point is to try to run the update again. If it doesn't work, try a factory hard reset, but it will go to the newest firmware, not the oldest

I hadn't updated, but was in the process when it initially failed. I tried quite a few different times to get Odin to update to new or old s/w and no go. I actually just ended up returning the phone for a new one as I'd only had it for a few weeks and in this case I hadn't rooted or anything when it failed. It truly wasn't my fault. :)

Thanks for the info though.