1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone stuck in Odin Mode after trying to unroot with Safestrap installed

Discussion in 'Galaxy S4 Development' started by timo4476, Dec 9, 2013.

1. timo4476

timo4476 New Member

I have a Verizon Galaxy S4 ME7 build that has been rooted with Safestrap and has been working fine. Yesterday I wanted to unroot it, so I mistakingly used Odin v. 3.07 to flash the No-Wipe factory image (I545VRUAME7.tar.md5). This failed in Odin, so I took out the battery and tried to turn the phone back on, and got back to Odin mode with the message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.". Unfortunately, I did all of this before uninstalling safestrap and I don't know if that's the issue, or if it's using Odin at all, but now I'm completely stuck! I can still get into Odin mode, but that's all and I don't know what to do from here. Please help! Thanks!
  2. timo4476

timo4476 New Member

Solved

SOLVED - After many, many tries I was able to get past Odin mode and my phone rebooted. I still need to figure out how to correctly uninstall Safestrap and unroot, but I'm going to do some searching and hopefully I'll find instructions for that.
  3. phil72

phil72 New Member

Good to hear you at least figured out the first issue, good luck getting the safestrap removed and get your phone working the way you want it to.
Search tags for this page
android odin mode
flash safe strap recovery odin mode
flash safestrap with odin
how to get out of odin mode
how to remove safestrap and unroot gs4
how to unroot galaxy s4 stuck in odin mode
nexus 3 odin mode

odin mode

odin mode what is
oodin mode
s4 stuck in odin mode