Video Help

turkeykilla

Reaction score
I made a couple videos of my kids last week and now the files do not want to work. They did work previously. I did not change any of the settings and used the stock video player to watch them. When I play them, it says file cannot be played and gives a blank screen and then closes. I tried opening the files with quicktime on my computer as they are .mpg4 files, but it doesnt work either. WMplayer also will not play them. Any ideas? The files do have a name and even have a size about 67,000 kb. I also have a few pictures like this that wont open either. Any ideas?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try using Mobo Player from the market er play store. You can navigate to the file in the app. See if that works.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is also Rock Player which handles different types of video formats (I use MX Player myself).

It looks like the problem is that the Bionic player supports MP4 best. You have a couple of options. One is to use a converter program (lots to choose from) and the other is to change the file extension name from .mpg4 to mp4. I've had to do that sometimes and it worked for me.

OP
T

turkeykilla

Reaction score
Try using Mobo Player from the market er play store. You can navigate to the file in the app. See if that works.

None of those video players seemed to work. Could it be that the video is corrupt, even though it has a file extension and the file has a size?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try installing VLC Media Player on your computer and see if the videos plays. They may be corrupt. Do you have copies of them?

theonuts

Reaction score
I have this problem too. its new. i have plenty of videos i recorded recently as march during a vaction. all of those videos played on my computer and were uploaded to facebook. however i took video this weekend and cant play them on my computer or upload them to facebook because its .MP4 files. i never changed anything.

dlmalone81201

Reaction score
I had same problems, and some videos play on phone after downloading from motocast but not streaming through motocast. I downloaded vplayer from the market and they work now. Not sure if it added some codes but it still worked after I deleted it. Try that see if it helps.

theonuts

Reaction score
I had same problems, and some videos play on phone after downloading from motocast but not streaming through motocast. I downloaded vplayer from the market and they work now. Not sure if it added some codes but it still worked after I deleted it. Try that see if it helps.

dont have a problem playing them on my phone. its once i put the videos on my computer and try to play them.