videos taken on Motorola Droid will not play on PC

PITT75

Reaction score
Hello - new to the site and i can't find a search function so i apologize if this is a covered topic. Google didn't lead me to an answer either.

I just transferred all of my pictures/videos for the first time (owned my Motorola Droid for a year and so there where hundreds). I (being a genius) chose the 'auto delete' option and can't access some videos on my laptop and don't have a copy on my phone now.

Everything seemed to work fine, but there are just a few videos i can't find a player to play. Weird since it's only 7 that won't play....the rest are all fine.

The error from windows media player is:
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

The error from quicktime is:
Error - 2048: Couldn't open the file, phone pics 109.3gp because it is not a file that QuickTime understands.

I downloaded a player as well but it didn't work and I uninstalled so I don't have the error from that one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
jim

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What application did you use to transfer your videos and pics with.

OP
P

PITT75

Reaction score
It error-ed too.

Cannon play because of File size is 0kb.
Confirm that the file has been damaged.

OP
P

PITT75

Reaction score
My pc brought it up, the same as when I transfer my photos from my camera. It's stock microsoft transfer tool.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Motorola has an app called Motorola Media Link. I just downloaded and in stalled it today because the file type for the videos on my X was not recognized on my computer.
This app is made by Motorola for their phones. It should work.
It will sync all the pics, videos, music and pod casts to your PC, it can also sync everything from the pc to your phone if needed.

OP
P

PITT75

Reaction score
Most worked fine? Any ideas why just a few wont? All where shot on my camera.

Thanks QS, I'll try that in the future, hopefully 100% will play using that.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure why the few wont work. Were you having problems playing them, when they were on your phone?

OP
P

PITT75

Reaction score
no, played fine. It doesn't seem to be a before an update/after an update since they are spread out either. They would all be the same except maybe the high/low quality setting i took them in.

cavaliercarey

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. The weird thing is this happened before and I figured out a fix but now I can't remember what I did! Now I can't get videos to open on my phone or my computer. I have used the Motorola MediaLink but it is huge and goofed up all of my albums. The other programs I have used did the same. So I always manually copy and paste now (except for video, which, of course, doesn't work)....

Last edited: