Still need fix for 3GP video file repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeFox2002

Reaction score
Hello all...new to this forum. Have been searching for a few hours today trying to find a fix for "Error -2048: Couldn't open the file filename.3gp because it is not a file the QuickTime understand." problem when the file is copied from the Verizon Motorola iphone to the computer.

On the iphone the error smiply reads: "Error: File cannot be displayed or played"

The file is 44.1MB in size so I know something is there. Please...someone have good news on how to fix this problem.

TC Morton

Reaction score
corrupt 3gp files

I am looking for a solution to the same problem as well. I've only had my Droid X for about 3 weeks and it only recently started doing this. 3 out of 5 short 3-4 minute videos I took yesterday were corrupt, displaying only a generic icon in the "video roll"...I transferred them to my PC and still no luck. The only thing I can say is that I have a hunch that because I was running the video until space on my card ran out (or close to it) I think the camera had a difficult time "finalizing" the video files. After freeing up some space on the card this morning I shot two more videos and that came out fine. Still though I wish there was a software tool out there to recover the 3 files that appear corrupted. They were taken at Mountain Jam at Hunter Mountain NY!!!!! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.