Can't watch video files - Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by Renado11, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Renado11

Renado11 New Member

I have a Droid X, and am unable to watch most types of video files, either streaming or downloaded. I am able to view .wmvs, but can't view any .mpg, .3gp or .mp4 files. Do I need a special player to be able to view these kinds of files? If I try to play a .mpg that I have downloaded, I get a message that says "Error - File cannot be displayed of played." Any suggestions? Thanks!
  2. timrock

timrock New Member

you can try, rockplayer, mvideoplayer or act1. each player is different in its own way.
  3. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Android devices can only handle a couple of different formats, and even then these formats have certain restrictions in order to be playable.
  4. longboardskier

longboardskier New Member

I've been using the arcMedia app for viewing .avi files and it works great. Not sure about the others, but it might solve your mp4 problem at least. Worth a try, it's free.

Also, I've noticed that some videos have, as part of their names when you download them, letters in brackets at the end (i.e. [VTV] ). My DX wouldn't play them with the brackets in the name, but as soon as I renamed the file and got rid of the brackets it played fine. Something about them that the DX doesn't like.
Search tags for this page
can't watch at the races video on android
droid x video files
file for my video in a droidx after download
how to watch rar files on android
i can't view a video that i filmed on my droid
is a droid x enough to watch videos
motorola droid x2 video cant be displayed
unable to watch mp4 on droid

what kind of video files can you watch on droid x