"Video Cannot Be Played" ???

Wraith

Reaction score
Since going to Sapphire 1.0 I have noticed this issue. Video runs for about 20-30 seconds, shows it loaded way past that, but then just stops with a window stating "Video Cannot Be Played" (or something close to that). Been bugging me for a while, did a quick search here and don't see much.

Any ideas?

OP
Wraith

Wraith

Reaction score
Is this with You Tube?

Not sure if I noticed this on YouTube or not...I don't watch too much of those, this is on various other videos on the web I have seen. The last video was off of a gaming site for DC Universe Online.

The video format is obviously OK, as it plays and loads. And, after some research, I did find some similar issues with video in older posts whereby you can click on the video again and it will play....so possibly a download/queue issue. Sometimes I have to click 4 or 5 times to get it to continue playing, but even that usually fails.

Almost any video I watch has this problem, and don't recall seeing this before. I will try and capture the exact error message and post here, as others have stated slightly different error message, on other threads here.

After a few weeks of this, finally decided to post....

JediSaber

Reaction score
I've had this problem as soon as I upgraded to FRG01b (Before I even rooted). Video starts to play then stops & error message. Video worked fine before upgrade. Other videos seems to work fine. I was wondering if it has something to do with frame rates. Haven't tried switching rates...yet.

eryck22

Reaction score
I have this issue with mp4 vids, i never had an issue until recently. I am using UD5 i was on UD7 thinking it was the upgrade however the issue exists in UD5. I tried installing various types of video players to no avail. I have a vid of my son taking his first steps and i can't view it on my phone. I get a lot of droid doesn't comments. I know this has worked before...not sure the issue.

Invader DJ

Reaction score
I've had this problem playing video through the YouTube app. Tried a couple of different videos, so pretty sure it is affecting all YouTube video for me. Didn't try it on Wi-Fi or using HD though, so still need to do some testing. The same YouTube videos played fine in Flash though...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I play utube fine, however anything from facebook gives me the error message, I get no sound or video. This is either from the app, or from the site.

AuroEdge

Reaction score
Opencore does not play well with mobile youtube. Either apply the stagefright patch or wait for the next Sapphire release; it will have stagefright re-enabled.

dirtboy

Reaction score
video playback problem

Re: Flash Player

Options

09-01-2010 10:22 AM
I downloaded Flash player from Megaupload and installed apkinstall. It didn't work for me. When I was checking some other videos that had previously worked, I found that all video formats received error messages. The camera video doesn't even work now. Do you have to be 'rooted' for this to work? Did apkinstall or changing to 'allow third party installation' mess up system files?

Another thread talked about the build.prop file in the system folder. I changed the stagefright media lines to "false" but could not save the changed file back into the system folder. Do you need to be rooted for that? I wondered about the upgrade to 2.2 messing me up, but I think I played some video before trying the Flash addition.

OP
Wraith

Wraith

Reaction score
Update: Of course I haven't seen this issue since posting, and a few videos have played OK. :(

I don't watch videos much on my phone, I guess.

Will post again with specific link/message/issue when I see it....