1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Video playing problem

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by GSDfan, Mar 21, 2011.

1. GSDfan

GSDfan New Member

This is the second time this happened.

I ran out of room while recording video.

The video now won't play, it says error file cannot be displayed or played.

The file is there... and I copied it to my computer... but since it was not closed or compressed by ending the video because I ran out of room it is now unusable.

HELP!!
  2. GSDfan

GSDfan New Member

I can't be the only one with this problem!?
  3. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

There are quite a few people who ran into this unfortunately.
    For a few I offered to help, because in the past I actually did manage to fix a few of my own 3gp recordings (on a w510 phone), but I haven't been able to fix the files from Android phones yet.

The process involves using a hex-editor to copy the file-header of a working file, and adding that to the corrupt file, but the 3GP format is quite complicated to do that with, making it more a matter of luck than skill in order to accomplish.
  4. jagablack

jagablack New Member

This happened a lot on my Droid X due to low speed SD card included with phone. Upgrade to a Class 6, you won't be sorry.
Search tags for this page

thunderbolt video can not be played because file is corrupte

video recorded on htc rezound won't play