Vibrate Question

psujames41

Reaction score
When I set my phone to vibrate, text messages do not vibrate. Calls do but texts do not. They are silent. Is this typical?

Demo24

Reaction score
Mine does, although that might just be Handcent. Check your notification settings. Then send texts to yourself to check.

minmongoblin

Reaction score
In Handcent (which you should be using anyway =) ) there is a setting to Vibrate only when phone is set to vibrate, under Notification settings.

rayswift

Reaction score
While were on the vibration subject, is it just me when you press the home, back buttons etc, sometimes the vibrations seem stronger and lighter at certain times. Is there a reason for that or that's just how it is?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use Handcent and it does. You should really check out Handcent, it's a significant upgrade to the stock messaging app.

masterxchief

Reaction score
While were on the vibration subject, is it just me when you press the home, back buttons etc, sometimes the vibrations seem stronger and lighter at certain times. Is there a reason for that or that's just how it is?
That happens to me too. It's probably a glitch because it never happened to me on 2.0.

@psujames41 Go to messaging, press the menu button, go to settings, and the very last check box should be vibrate.

OP
psujames41

psujames41

Reaction score
That happens to me too. It's probably a glitch because it never happened to me on 2.0.

@psujames41 Go to messaging, press the menu button, go to settings, and the very last check box should be vibrate.

Thank you!!!

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Download the Missed Call App, you can have short, long, multiple, or custom vibrate tones set for sms and calls.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

superglen99

Reaction score
my vibration still does not work on texts and Ive tried multiple vibrations setting on handcent wth??

shooter

Reaction score
RE: Vibrate... I guess I got spoiled with my LG. All you do on the LG is press the Volume toggle on the side until "Vibrate" appears on the screen -- simple.