Very Awesome Droid Feature

nighthawk700

Reaction score
Maybe my car is too old. It's a 2003 Lexus LS430. Where do you plug it in? Does it plug in the Droid 3.5mm jack?

I got a hard wired FM Modulator put in my van, with a 3.5mm plug. Cost was $100 at Tweeter. I plugged in my Garmin 2730 GPS (w/XM Radio and MP3 player). Worked very well. Better than regular FM Modulators where you have to tune your radio to a specific frequency, as there was usually a lot of interference.

Droids

Reaction score
Remember this?

old-cell-4jpg6916160.jpg
This was my first phone. My second and third were the gray colored slimline versions of this phone. Had 2 spare batteries, a car charger, a desk charger. Best phone I've ever owned. All it did was make phone calls of course, but the call quality was excellent with that big earpiece and mic. Never had a phone since that equaled it. Also the slimline version fit in my back pocket and was actually quite easy to carry around. Those were the days when few people had mobile phones and people would stare at you when you were on a call. I still have one of them.

Reaction score
Woh, wait a minute...the car dock mode? I'm not sure what you are talking about...I use a generic gps mount which looks okay for me but I just place it in the mount and drive..is there something I should be doing differently?

Silver Member
Reaction score
Woh, wait a minute...the car dock mode? I'm not sure what you are talking about...I use a generic gps mount which looks okay for me but I just place it in the mount and drive..is there something I should be doing differently?
the OEM car dock invokes the magnet which launches "car home". it's nothing you can't do on your own, but because the app is also menu driven, it will automatically launch as soon as you dock it.

OP
A

acvega

Reaction score
loo
Maybe other phones do this too but this is the first one that i'v owned that did.

For those whose car has an auxiliary input and use your droid for music and such, i discovered a hands free feature. I use a window mount for the Droid. If you are listening to music while it is plugged into the auxiliary input and a call comes in, just answer it. Not only will the call come through all your speakers in your car, but the Droid must jack up the MIC sensitivity cause i can talk to whoever called me at my normal volume. So I can listen to all the music i want, navigate, whatever, if a call comes in, i can talk hands free to.

I have asked people that i am talking to how i sound, and most don't even know that my phone is like 2 feet away from my face. what's also cool is that if you take a call while navigating, you can go back to navigating while on the call. And if you don't switch back to the NAV screen, the NAV voice will still give voice prompts while on the phone.

Easily the best phone i've ever owned.

Maybe my car is too old. It's a 2003 Lexus LS430. Where do you plug it in? Does it plug in the Droid 3.5mm jack?

For those who want to do this but don't have an aux input. I have a 2000 Audi which doesn't have an aux input but found this vendor on ebay who sold aux adapters for factory stereos. Bought one and it works awesome. Here is the link to his store. eBay Store - Integration Solutions: Happy Hands Free Talking!:icon_ banana:

Detonation

Reaction score
Didn't know this, thanks. Had been using it with the car mount on speaker phone. Too bad the person who designed the 2007 Honda CRV is an idiot because the AUX and Cigarette ports are on the back of the center console instead of on the dashboard console, so I'd have to run a long cable to it when using dash board mount.
mine is inside my center console and i prefer it this way. that way, when the phone is not connected to the stereo, i can just keep the cable stored.

My center console is really just a folder out tray with some connections on the back of it, so there is no where to store it aways (I got a retractable 3.5mm jack to take of that). I'd much prefer it on the front still so that I don't have to look down and away from the road to see my Zune (my primary mp3 player). I'm thinking of just sucking it and running a 3.5mm under the console and along side the dash so that I can use it with my Zune or Droid mounted.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I started a thread on this a while ago, it is a nice alternative to BT.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didn't know this, thanks. Had been using it with the car mount on speaker phone. Too bad the person who designed the 2007 Honda CRV is an idiot because the AUX and Cigarette ports are on the back of the center console instead of on the dashboard console, so I'd have to run a long cable to it when using dash board mount.
mine is inside my center console and i prefer it this way. that way, when the phone is not connected to the stereo, i can just keep the cable stored.

My center console is really just a folder out tray with some connections on the back of it, so there is no where to store it aways (I got a retractable 3.5mm jack to take of that). I'd much prefer it on the front still so that I don't have to look down and away from the road to see my Zune (my primary mp3 player). I'm thinking of just sucking it and running a 3.5mm under the console and along side the dash so that I can use it with my Zune or Droid mounted.
you could use some vampire clips on the input wire, rip into the console and run your cable to where your phone would be. that way everything would be incognito.

cellphonedork

Reaction score
Also works for those of us with out aux jack using a tape to miniplug adapter.

51bVnEEVQPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I never use tapes, so I wired mine around the back of the dash and under the center console. It comes up between the seats. Droid on leg, answer call.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also works for those of us with out aux jack using a tape to miniplug adapter.

51bVnEEVQPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I never use tapes, so I wired mine around the back of the dash and under the center console. It comes up between the seats. Droid on leg, answer call.
they make a BT cassette tape adapter, but it runs on batteries that have to be recharged, or you can plug it in to the outlet.

it would have been sweeter if they made it charge itself because of kinetic energy.

samiusmc

Reaction score

I got a hard wired FM Modulator put in my van, with a 3.5mm plug. Cost was $100 at Tweeter. I plugged in my Garmin 2730 GPS (w/XM Radio and MP3 player). Worked very well. Better than regular FM Modulators where you have to tune your radio to a specific frequency, as there was usually a lot of interference.

I use a Motorola Bluetooth T505 now and it works great so I don't think I need an aux input, do I?

mvezz

Reaction score
I just realized that using the car speakers and hands free talking made me go over my minutes last month for the first time since 2003 when I started with Verizon!