Very Awesome Droid Feature

acvega

Reaction score
Maybe other phones do this too but this is the first one that i'v owned that did.

For those whose car has an auxiliary input and use your droid for music and such, i discovered a hands free feature. I use a window mount for the Droid. If you are listening to music while it is plugged into the auxiliary input and a call comes in, just answer it. Not only will the call come through all your speakers in your car, but the Droid must jack up the MIC sensitivity cause i can talk to whoever called me at my normal volume. So I can listen to all the music i want, navigate, whatever, if a call comes in, i can talk hands free to.

I have asked people that i am talking to how i sound, and most don't even know that my phone is like 2 feet away from my face. what's also cool is that if you take a call while navigating, you can go back to navigating while on the call. And if you don't switch back to the NAV screen, the NAV voice will still give voice prompts while on the phone.

Easily the best phone i've ever owned.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
Yeap one of my favorite features. Work even better when your car have bluetooth!

mvezz

Reaction score
Hmm, I'll have to try it with the Droid further from my face. Usually I take the mount and put it on the driver side window so the phone is less than a foot from my face. I'm sure people think I look crazy doing this haha!

I've found the best place to position it with the mount is near my rear view mirror so I can easily access the touchscreen without leaning forward and also look at it while keeping the road in my peripheral vision.

Where does everyone else put it normally?

DROID DOES!!! =)

m21knight

Reaction score
I love the Droid and the Android OS...I just want some hands-free dialing improvement!

gruve

Reaction score
Remember this?

old-cell-4jpg6916160.jpg

m21knight

Reaction score
Oh those were the days...and people wonder why there are so may obese people in the world...if they they had to lug that equipment around...

Big Cam

Reaction score
Car phones where the coolest.

I can't imagine what the monthly plans were for those.

I'd really like to know.

Nickmast

Reaction score
I just noticed this yesterday as well. I just had it sitting on my passenger seat and people could still hear me just fine. No echo at all either. I went home and ordered a car mount for my phone last night. Can't wait for it to get here. I'm going to have to put a magnet on it to put it into Dock mode though.

Reaction score
I also put mine near my rear view mirror. That works best for me. I'm left handed and it's much easier to work with for me and I just feel safer with it there.

mvezz

Reaction score
I just noticed this yesterday as well. I just had it sitting on my passenger seat and people could still hear me just fine. No echo at all either. I went home and ordered a car mount for my phone last night. Can't wait for it to get here. I'm going to have to put a magnet on it to put it into Dock mode though.

One thing about the car dock mode, when you take it out after arriving at your destination, make sure to hit the top sleep button otherwise you can end up touching buttons/calling people from your pocket....lol