Very Awesome Droid Feature

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed this a week I got my droid... Its an awesome feature

vtrider159

Reaction score
I found this out also while streaming news. I had an incomming call and just tapped the green phone logo and it worked well. I have the mount on the left of my steering wheel because of being a legty and the stream continued after the call, the car mount was well worth the purchase and the verizon model does a nice job holing the phone on bumpy snow heaved roads.

samiusmc

Reaction score
loo
Maybe other phones do this too but this is the first one that i'v owned that did.

For those whose car has an auxiliary input and use your droid for music and such, i discovered a hands free feature. I use a window mount for the Droid. If you are listening to music while it is plugged into the auxiliary input and a call comes in, just answer it. Not only will the call come through all your speakers in your car, but the Droid must jack up the MIC sensitivity cause i can talk to whoever called me at my normal volume. So I can listen to all the music i want, navigate, whatever, if a call comes in, i can talk hands free to.

I have asked people that i am talking to how i sound, and most don't even know that my phone is like 2 feet away from my face. what's also cool is that if you take a call while navigating, you can go back to navigating while on the call. And if you don't switch back to the NAV screen, the NAV voice will still give voice prompts while on the phone.

Easily the best phone i've ever owned.

Maybe my car is too old. It's a 2003 Lexus LS430. Where do you plug it in? Does it plug in the Droid 3.5mm jack?

Ludalee

Reaction score
I was AMAZED when this happened to me. I was just driving along with my aux plugged in listening to Pandora when I got a call. It stopped the music and started to play the ring tone, I answered and to my suprise thier voice came in through my speakers of my car, I started to talk and BLAMO! Hands free for cars without bluetooth. I set my phone on the center console that covers the cup holders and no one has seemed to say "what?" yet. lol

AMAZING PHONE, Droid Does.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i actually made my wife do this. her aux input is in the front of the radio, so you kind of have this ugly wire hanging around but having the calls on the speaker is great for her.

zerosignal0

Reaction score
Yea I accidentally found this out on a road trip a couple of weeks ago. Easily one of the most convenient things I've encountered with this phone.

peterjariel

Reaction score
I think... well I know this is the best feature for me. I use it more than anything else on my phone. Ask me where my ipod is at.... who knows maybe it went down the toilet, I can care less I LOVE MY DROOOOOOOOOOOIIIDDDD!!

aosman

Reaction score
...and the verizon model does a nice job holing the phone on bumpy snow heaved roads.

I bought the Verizon car mount from the Verizon store. I liked it a lot except I had to take it back because I could not mount my Droid in it with the case on. I have the case shown in the attached picture. I bought the case from Verizon store for $29. unfortunately I would have to removed the button cover every time I need to mount the phone so I decided to take it back. I though about getting a universal adjustable mount that will find the Droid with the case but I have not seen anything that looks nice yet and have charging capability. If anyone have a good recommendation that they use and are happy with, let me know. I also thought about maybe getting a mount with FM transmitter. I wish they make one specifically for the Droid. I'll be the first to buy it :)

Attachments

• mot_droid_rubberized_swivel_holster.png
    mot_droid_rubberized_swivel_holster.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 178

peterjariel

Reaction score
...and the verizon model does a nice job holing the phone on bumpy snow heaved roads.

I bought the Verizon car mount from the Verizon store. I liked it a lot except I had to take it back because I could not mount my Droid in it with the case on. I have the case shown in the attached picture. I bought the case from Verizon store for $29. unfortunately I would have to removed the button cover every time I need to mount the phone so I decided to take it back. I though about getting a universal adjustable mount that will find the Droid with the case but I have not seen anything that looks nice yet and have charging capability. If anyone have a good recommendation that they use and are happy with, let me know. I also thought about maybe getting a mount with FM transmitter. I wish they make one specifically for the Droid. I'll be the first to buy it :)

Go on ebay I got mines for 8 bucks and its great! And I don't have to take my cover off

Detonation

Reaction score
Didn't know this, thanks. Had been using it with the car mount on speaker phone. Too bad the person who designed the 2007 Honda CRV is an idiot because the AUX and Cigarette ports are on the back of the center console instead of on the dashboard console, so I'd have to run a long cable to it when using dash board mount.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didn't know this, thanks. Had been using it with the car mount on speaker phone. Too bad the person who designed the 2007 Honda CRV is an idiot because the AUX and Cigarette ports are on the back of the center console instead of on the dashboard console, so I'd have to run a long cable to it when using dash board mount.
mine is inside my center console and i prefer it this way. that way, when the phone is not connected to the stereo, i can just keep the cable stored.