Verizon Wireless/Vodafone SIM Card

kingwaffle

Reaction score
Are we supposed to leave these in? Are these cards worthless in the States? I'm torn whether I should leave it in my phone or take it out. Have the Fission 2.4.3 ROM if it makes a difference (I don't think it does)

mrapollinax

Reaction score
If you do not plan on traveling to a place where no VzW coverage is available then it doesn't gain you much. Did you activate the SIM card?

OP
K

kingwaffle

Reaction score
I didn't activate it, no. But I'm afraid if I start swapping ROMs that something crazy might happen and it might start using GSM and costing me money.

silver6054

Reaction score
I didn't activate it, no. But I'm afraid if I start swapping ROMs that something crazy might happen and it might start using GSM and costing me money.

Currently, you won't be able to use a GSM signal in the US anyway, so that won't happen. But if you are concerned, and really don't plan to go elsewhere, it's fine to remove the SIM card (keep it somewhere safe just in case!). The default network setting might go to CDMA from Global if there is no SIM card present, and that is fine.

eNomineZerum

Reaction score
Unless you register for a GSM plan or minutes your phone will not use the network. If you try to manually switch the phone to GSM it simply will not work. IIRC fission has to have an extra package installed to even notice the SIM. Best to leave it where it is safe.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
K

kingwaffle

Reaction score
Yeah, it does have a "hotfix" to enable the SIM. I was just making sure it wouldn't do anything I didn't want it to. Thanks for the replies.