Verizon Wireless To Start Charging $2 Convenience Fee Starting January 15

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wicked, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Armyof2

Armyof2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can I charge them back for my 4g being down for 12 hours?

2. rherron

rherron Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Let's see... They're doing about $25 Billion in revenue quarterly. Netted $3.26 Billion in income in Q1 thanks to the iPhone. But they need us to kick in a couple of extra bucks a month for helping them not have to mail us a paper bill?!?!

This doesn't impact me as my bill is automatically paid from my bank account, but I would love to see a national "Send Me a Paper Bill" movement, which I would opt for, to point out the stupidity of this move. If VZW doesn't think they're capable of Netflix-level stupidity they're wrong. Just do stuff like this, and keep having weekly, day-long 4G outages, and cap data, and see what happens. I like the phones. I don't care who the carrier is, per se. I'm interested in the best deal so long as the quality of the service is good. I used to feel VZW's service area was head-and-shoulders above the rest. Not so sure anymore. Certainly the gap is narrowing.

iPhone Helps Lift Verizon Quarterly Profit 42% | Fox Business

#14 rherron, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  3. Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do what I do, when I don't have data I call them and complain and they credit my bill. I have two lines for two months and already have been credited $70. I pay for data and when I dont have it they pay.

Modded and hot rodded wait'n on a ROM

4. revelated

revelated Member

Ratings:
    +5
    while I agree with and plan to call for credits over the outage I have to say i'm a bit surprised at people. Ranting over a fee that is easily avoided? Some of the excuses make me chuckle..."I want my rewards!!!" Then you'll pay for that privilege.

I pay using my online bill pay for one reason: Verizon can't ever say that a payment wasn't made. My bank knows, and paying on Verizon's site gives them an excuse to say you didn't pay, and if the confirmation is invalid, fails or whatever you have no real proof you did.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

5. cirtbrethren

cirtbrethren Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree, this is bunk! I just changed to a paper bill... go to My Verizon -> My Profile -> View All -> Change Paperless Billing. Really, a company that makes 5% to 10% on margins needs to do this? When everyone is complaining about dropped data on LTE?

#17 cirtbrethren, Dec 29, 2011
  6. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Paperless bill deactivated.

7. N4UPD

N4UPD Member

Ratings:
    +4
    When are these greedy companies gonna learn? No customers no company.

8. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Silver Member

Ratings:
    +640
    I already do this through my banks' bill pay. I really discourage anyone from ever giving a creditor (and yes, Verizon is a creditor) their banking information. Not a wise practice.

9. RacingTiger03

RacingTiger03 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about everyone else, but it's not that hard to setup for my bank account to send them an electronic check to avoid the fee, sure is easy to click 3 buttons on my phone and pay the bill though lol. As far as sending me running to another carrier.. my fiasco with the bionic didn't send me away, and nothing will unless I move. Sprint doesn't even offer voice service at my house, AT&T barely, but no data. VZW I have 2 bars 4G LTE *shrug*

10. juggjiggler69

juggjiggler69 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +171
    I think everyone on verizon should call in and start telling them they are looking for another carrier where 4g stays up and running if they dont start giving some credits out on bills or at least sime gift cards for the inconvenience they put us all through with these outages if we all did that they would get the message just like us truck drivers if we all would stop driving for one day the government would not know wat to do they would have to lower fuel prices

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

11. voodooman128

voodooman128 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We should all stop paying our bill and tell them our paying service is experiencing an outage. Lol
    Also its not about the moneys, $24 a yr is nothing. Its the point.
    We r already paying for the most expensive service that barely works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

#23 voodooman128, Dec 29, 2011
  12. RETG

RETG Active Member

Ratings:
    +110
    I have been enrolled in auto pay for years; however, many times during the year, I will inititiate a payment a week earlier rather than have it wait until the end of the month for auto pay. This tells me I cannot do this without being charged a fee. So, do I lose out? No. Verizon loses out by not receiving a payment a week or two earlier. Their problem; not mine!

Search tags for this page

motorola mb810 sim card location#gsc.tab