Verizon Wireless To Start Charging $2 Convenience Fee Starting January 15

revelated

Reaction score
while I agree with and plan to call for credits over the outage I have to say i'm a bit surprised at people. Ranting over a fee that is easily avoided? Some of the excuses make me chuckle..."I want my rewards!!!" Then you'll pay for that privilege.

I pay using my online bill pay for one reason: Verizon can't ever say that a payment wasn't made. My bank knows, and paying on Verizon's site gives them an excuse to say you didn't pay, and if the confirmation is invalid, fails or whatever you have no real proof you did.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
I agree, this is bunk! I just changed to a paper bill... go to My Verizon -> My Profile -> View All -> Change Paperless Billing. Really, a company that makes 5% to 10% on margins needs to do this? When everyone is complaining about dropped data on LTE?

Last edited:

N4UPD

Reaction score
When are these greedy companies gonna learn? No customers no company.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I already do this through my banks' bill pay. I really discourage anyone from ever giving a creditor (and yes, Verizon is a creditor) their banking information. Not a wise practice.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else, but it's not that hard to setup for my bank account to send them an electronic check to avoid the fee, sure is easy to click 3 buttons on my phone and pay the bill though lol. As far as sending me running to another carrier.. my fiasco with the bionic didn't send me away, and nothing will unless I move. Sprint doesn't even offer voice service at my house, AT&T barely, but no data. VZW I have 2 bars 4G LTE *shrug*

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
I think everyone on verizon should call in and start telling them they are looking for another carrier where 4g stays up and running if they dont start giving some credits out on bills or at least sime gift cards for the inconvenience they put us all through with these outages if we all did that they would get the message just like us truck drivers if we all would stop driving for one day the government would not know wat to do they would have to lower fuel prices

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

voodooman128

Reaction score
We should all stop paying our bill and tell them our paying service is experiencing an outage. Lol
Also its not about the moneys, $24 a yr is nothing. Its the point.
We r already paying for the most expensive service that barely works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
R

RETG

I have been enrolled in auto pay for years; however, many times during the year, I will inititiate a payment a week earlier rather than have it wait until the end of the month for auto pay. This tells me I cannot do this without being charged a fee. So, do I lose out? No. Verizon loses out by not receiving a payment a week or two earlier. Their problem; not mine!

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
this new charge wont affect me either but that's not the point. i take this as a slap in the face, your gonna boast about your vast network coverage and 4G speeds, all the while the the network has been generally unstable. and now their gonna announce another charge to their already expensive service. how about you stabilize your nextwork first. a co worker just dropped verizon for n-Telos, and he gets better reception then i do here at work, at half the price, granted he doesnt have 4G yet, but 3g isnt bad. if this keeps up i may just have to follow suit.

bigfake23

Reaction score
I want my cash back rewards.. And i agree with above not a goot time to do this with constant nation wide outages..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

The reason you get those cash rewards with your credit debit card is your bank is charging VZW for them. Banks are the real issue here. They have become mafia like middle men charging big fees to payees.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Funny, everyone here talks a good game, and it's understandable. No one likes to feel like they're getting played (they get to screw up but we can't), but fact of the matter is, no one is really better than Verizon, and for the time being they're on the verge of monopolizing the market. This means that they can and will do whatever makes them the most money, and while some of us will kick and scream, in the end, 99.9% of us will do nothing to stop it.

I'm upset about it too, but we're all little people that big people don't care about. Your master can beat you, yell at you, and humiliate you, but you're still going to eat what he puts in your bowl.

Last edited:

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I say we all mail them a physical check and see how convenient that is for them. I searched the net and found that Verizon Wireless has anywhere between 70 and 100 million customers. Could you imagine them receiving all their monthly payment from the USPS in the form of a check....lol

B-Unit

Reaction score
Yea, sorry to ruin the hateraide, but this isnt new, just an increase. They have charged $1 for credit/debit cards on the website for at least a couple of years now. Ive been paying with e-Check since the first time they hit me with the $1 'convenience fee'.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Funny, everyone here talks a good game, and it's understandable. No one likes to feel like they're getting played (they get to screw up but we can't), but fact of the matter is, no one is really better than Verizon, and for the time being they're on the verge of monopolizing the market. This means that they can and will do whatever makes them the most money, and 99.9% of us will kick and scream, but in the end, do nothing to stop it.

I'm upset about it too, but we're all little people that big people don't care about. Your master can beat you, yell at you, and humiliate you, but you're still going to eat what he puts in your bowl.

I hear what your saying but us little people can do something, Bank of America is a great example. Their CEO publicly announced that they were moving forward with the $5.00 monthly debit card charge and they were standing firm on that decision. But they back tracked and cancelled the charge and are no longer moving forward with it because of the backlash from their customers.