Verizon Will Be Home To Moto Honeycomb Tablet

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
attachment.php

We all witnessed when Andy Rubin from Google brought out the Motorola tablet on stage while talking Android and now we have some photographically evidence that it’ll be coming home in our pockets when released. In a recently leaked group of pictures; the device was shown in a slightly more relaxed manner, and in the new still view, you can see the very attractive gray Verizon Wireless logo on the top right corner of the device. If that wasn’t enough to make your day better, the device also comes with a great front facing camera that we did not know about earlier, which means video calling is a possibility. The other specifications are as followed; 1GHz Tegra 2 T20, a gyroscope and 32GB of storage fitted under that 1280 x 800 multitouch screen, as well as 512MB of RAM and and a slot for an up-to-32GB microSD card. It is also seems looks like there's a micro-USB jack, a mini-HDMI port and a 3.5mm headphone socket.

Now doesn’t that sound like something that will bring you the best of Android in tablet form, and might be the solution to Apple’s iPad search for a serious competitor. Nevertheless, now is the time for my speculations… Maybe this new Webcam is a hint that Google might be integrating Google Talk video calling with the next generation of Android. Now I said that is my personal speculations, but wouldn’t that just make your day if they did something like that with the next release.
Let us know all you think about this leak and my speculation.

News and more pictures via: Engadget

Last edited:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This tab looks so nice wish I had the the money for it.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post. I know i know in news threads only staff can edit posts. I forgot.
Any way this tab should kick the iPad to the curb, well at least to the desk drawer.

Mines_01

Reaction score
how soon do we find out if it has an encrypted bootloader? Also, since it is actually Google's choice of tab is it going to be like the N1 and such with having a pure unraped version of Android on it, or will Google still let Moto screw it up?

motobrent

Reaction score
I would take a serious look at it as long as there is a wifi only version. I just switched to family smart phone plan and don't need or want a higher bill. I think it would work well in our house for our needs.

ckeegan

Reaction score
I certainly hope February is accurate, but I really want it (in my hands) by mid-March at the latest. I just hope they give release date during CES.

As for a Wi-Fi only version, I think it's highly unlikely. Honestly, this is going to be a "ground-breaking 4G device" in Verizon/Moto's join marketing plans. I personally never planned on buying a Wi-Fi only tablet in the first place, but if I were in that market, I would probably just go with the 1GB ($20/mo) tablet plan, and use Wi-Fi the majority of the time.

I've been waiting so long for more info on this, and I'm just glad to see that the recent leaks just keep checking requirements off my list:

10+ inches...check
LTE-capable...check
HDMI out...check
Landscape docking...check
Front-facing camera...check

I would have loved the memory slot to be full SD, with compatibility for SDXC, but I knew I was only dreaming. I'm sure I could have found something to fill up a 2TB card though! :icon_eek:

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
this may have been answered, but does anyone know if it might get 4G?? ive been saving up for a gTab and might think about switching