Verizon update_SCH-I545_NC5_to_NG6 unlock issue

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
This update happened almost a month ago now. I have received a new S4 body and done 2 factory default resets. My phone still is reseting and locking up. It takes about 90 seconds for it to turn off during a call. Both Verizon and Samsung blame me for it by putting apps on the phone. That is like selling a car and telling the driver not to drive on certain roads.

My plan is to live with it and after Dec. 1 get a free S5 somewhere when my upgrade date hits.

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I wanted to share a update on my ‘sweet phone’. My plan was to get a new one on Black Friday. That did not work out. Verizon's ‘eligible for upgrade’ for misleading, I could upgrade if I paid about $200. I declined that offer. So my phone continued to reset and lock up about 15 times a day since about September 15, 2014. I just put up with due to not many other options. In previous phone calls to Verizon and Samsung they said it was my fault for loading apps on the phone that was causing the resets.

On December 9, 2014, I got a message from Verizon saying I had a system update ready. I was more than happy to let it run. What do you know, since the update Tuesday morning my phone has not locked up or reset once. The system update seems to have fixed my issues. I guess after all it was the system update Verizon pushed in September that ‘nobody else’ had problems with that was causing all the heartache.

I am happy phone is better, but mad it took 2 months to fix.

Last edited: