Droid 2: Lost icons and Screen unlock

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by brettt777, Nov 13, 2010.

1. brettt777

brettt777 New Member

Two questions:
    - I was trying to move two icons from one page to another thinking I could drop them in the trash can and reload them on the other page from the apps page, only they aren't on the apps page. The icons I lost are the "favorites" icon and the "search favorites" icon. Is there a way to get those icons back or are they gone forever? When something is dropped in the trash can, can it be restored somehow?
    - Every time my screen times out and goes off, I have to bring it back up with the power button and unlock it to do anything. My old phone, which was an enV Touch, had a lock/unlock button on the side. When the screen timed out and went off I could bring it back up with the touch of any button, without having to unlock it. Is there anyway to have the screen of my Droid 2 time out without having to unlock it every time?
  2. Numbskill

Numbskill New Member

Those icons are widgets or shortcuts, so long press an empty spot on the screen you want them on and select widgets/shortcuts and they should be in one of those menus.

There is an app called "No Lock" that you can toggle your lockscreen on and off.
  3. brettt777

brettt777 New Member

Okay I found the no lock app and that works okay. I also found the contact search widget. But for some reason the only "favorites" I can find is a folder and not what I'm looking for. I don't see a favorites widget in either the Motorola or Android list. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Search tags for this page

android lock icons in place

my favorites icon is gone on my droid x

trash icon missing on droid 2

where can i find the on off icon on my droid

where is the trash icon on droidx screen