Verizon Unveils Viewdini

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;qlA-vB-cNXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlA-vB-cNXo[/video]​

Verizon Wireless CEO Dan Mead announced a new service platform that will make finding and viewing video on mobile devices easier. Mead described the new video service called Viewdini as "a portal that will aggregate and deliver mobile content to a variety of devices." Comcast's Xfinity service was the first to partner with Verizon but Hulu Plus, mSpot, and Netflix will be joining in on the initial launch. Can anyone say "data hog"?

Check out the video to see Viewdini in action and post your comments and thoughts on this new platform.

Gracias Guidot!

Via: cNet

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
at some point doesn't all this stuff have to come to a head?

Netflix App... Netflix on Viewdini... Hulu app... Hulu on Viewdini... Google Movies/Tv/etc... Viewdini...

It's major overkill all in the name of grabbing the rights to all this stuff... I guess?

overloaded_vehicles_28.jpg

eagle923

Reaction score
1. Verizon introduces ultra fast LTE for streaming!
2. Verizon limits data to 2gb for most customers!
3. Verizon introduces video streaming to EAT data!
4. ???
5. Profit

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Viewdini is an awesome name for it because they Houdini'ed a way to get more money out of people. Because you know apps like that will be preinstalled and unsuspecting users will be racking up data charges.:icon_evil:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Netflix App... Netflix on Viewdini... Hulu app... Hulu on Viewdini... Google Movies/Tv/etc... Viewdini...

It's major overkill all in the name of grabbing the rights to all this stuff... I guess?

You got room for me on that truck?! :p

z06mike

Reaction score

1. Verizon introduces ultra fast LTE for streaming!
2. Verizon limits data to 2gb for most customers!
3. Verizon introduces video streaming to EAT data!
4. ???
5. Profit

Viewdini is an awesome name for it because they Houdini'ed a way to get more money out of people. Because you know apps like that will be preinstalled and unsuspecting users will be racking up data charges.:icon_evil:

Exactly, enough is enough with this garbage. So when they introduce Advanced LTE which was tested last year in Sweden at (900-1200mbps!!! :icon_eek:) are they gonna force us into 300mb plans???

It makes absolutely no sense to get all of this speed, pay out the ass, and then be limited on data.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It says finding.

You don't HAVE to view it. ;)

Hence the cooperation between the cable providers for wifi? Hint, hint.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It says finding.

You don't HAVE to view it. ;)

Hence the cooperation between the cable providers for wifi? Hint, hint.

Dont you see we are trying to exercise our anger on vzw why are you trying to inject reason into the subject. So if you dont mind stepping aside we would like to continue charging at big red with our pitchforks. :icon_ devil:

jayman350

Reaction score
Dont you see we are trying to exercise our anger on vzw why are you trying to inject reason into the subject. So if you dont mind stepping aside we would like to continue charging at big red with our pitchforks. :icon_ devil:

right behind you with the torches as well

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

maybe if we actually charged at them with our pitchforks they'd actually change something.

I'm hoping in a few years they'll bring unlimited back... hoping, not expecting. The BS about the infrastructure not being able to handle it is obviously false.

pretty cool app idea either way.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You do realize I'm staff right? ;)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yup still looking to charge at Verizon pitchforks down. Don't want reason I am out for blood (well not literally).
"CHARGE!!!!"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Yup still looking to charge at Verizon pitchforks down. Don't want reason I am out for blood (well not literally).
"CHARGE!!!!"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

:icon_ ban:

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS