Verizon unlock code won't work overseas

Natey2

Reaction score
fxin,

I have tried many more online IMEI Unlock providers. All of them give the same unlock code that wont work.

I didn't realize Verizon (CDMA) started doing SIM cards (GSM), hence my interest here...

"Now, while Verizon ships the Motorola Droid [Pro] with a SIM card, the carrier will unlock the SIM as long as you've been a Verizon customer for more than 60 days and are in good financial standing."

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/motorola-droid-pro-verizon/4505-6452_7-34192006.html

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rerlive

Reaction score
hi,fxin! looks like it's easy to find some one at anywhere.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

haro

Reaction score
I received d unlock code from d seller
It from VZ but it does not work
Tis code us different from I get from d unlocker service

sirmaxworld

Reaction score
I have some good news. I was experiencing the same problem with my verizon phone. It has never been activated on a verizon network and was shipped to me, to Germany.
I purchased an unlock key from unlockitnow.com and decided to unlock it. after doing so my internet did not work. only phone calls and sms.

here is what you need to do:

1) insert your foreign simcard thats not verizon
2) if you start your droid for the first time and get the screen to activate your phone with verizon, you will need to bypass it with
tap the following combo:
top right, top left, top right bottom right, bottom left
3) you prompted to enter a sim unlock key. enter the 8 digit numbers only code to unlock your phone
4) go into settings and change to gsm / umts
5) now you need to enter your provider specific apn settings in order to have internet. simply call the provider and tell them to email you the apn settings for a droid pro. if the carrier does not have it, like o2 tell them you want milestone settings, that works also.

mine works perfectly now, with 3g and hsdpa.

good luck, and happy surfing :)

haro

Reaction score
I have some good news. I was experiencing the same problem with my verizon phone. It has never been activated on a verizon network and was shipped to me, to Germany.
I purchased an unlock key from unlockitnow.com and decided to unlock it. after doing so my internet did not work. only phone calls and sms.

here is what you need to do:

1) insert your foreign simcard thats not verizon
2) if you start your droid for the first time and get the screen to activate your phone with verizon, you will need to bypass it with
tap the following combo:
top right, top left, top right bottom right, bottom left
3) you prompted to enter a sim unlock key. enter the 8 digit numbers only code to unlock your phone
4) go into settings and change to gsm / umts
5) now you need to enter your provider specific apn settings in order to have internet. simply call the provider and tell them to email you the apn settings for a droid pro. if the carrier does not have it, like o2 tell them you want milestone settings, that works also.

mine works perfectly now, with 3g and hsdpa.

good luck, and happy surfing :)

d problem where to get that 8digit code?

sirmaxworld

Reaction score
well you will either have to purchase it online: unlockitnow.com or any other website that offers them or call verizon if you are a customer with an account in good standing for at least 90 days.

barjoyai

Reaction score
hi all, i'm new in here.
i'm interested to get droid pro from ebay which said has been unlocked.
i'm now living in Malaysia and Ukraine, always travel back and forth.
my question is, will i have problems for buying unlocked verizon phone?
is there any limitation, for example how about data connection? how's the apn setting?
i'm eager to get this phone, if there will be no problem, i'll get this phone asap. i know motorola just announced droid pro for europe market but i dont know when it will go retail.
hope someone here can share some infos with me.

doxford

Reaction score
Is both the voice and data working? I just got a DPro in the US, unlocked it in the US, and now am in Thailand with a Thai SIM card. Voice works fine but data does not work at all in Thailand. I did not test data in the US though.

barjoyai

Reaction score
Is both the voice and data working? I just got a DPro in the US, unlocked it in the US, and now am in Thailand with a Thai SIM card. Voice works fine but data does not work at all in Thailand. I did not test data in the US though.

i think u have to check the APN setting of the telco u are using now for data connection. do let me know if it works coz i'm going to buy this phone too and want to use Ukraine and Malaysia simcard with data.

if it can't, no point buying this phone.

doxford

Reaction score

i think u have to check the APN setting of the telco u are using now for data connection. do let me know if it works coz i'm going to buy this phone too and want to use Ukraine and Malaysia simcard with data.

Barjoyai - finally got the data working by adding in the APN manually. So yes, both voice and data now work in Thailand.

haro

Reaction score
check ur data manager setting
One user tweak his data manager setting on d2g n he can use data
But he used turbo sim though

SingingAlcazar

Reaction score

Barjoyai - finally got the data working by adding in the APN manually. So yes, both voice and data now work in Thailand.

What carrier? I got data working in Singapore on Starhub but couldn't get any data on any Filipino carrier (Globe, Sun or Smart)

33AB4

Hi there...

is there any news on unlocking a Droid Pro? I searched at many online unlocker like unlickitnow.vom or cellunlock.net but noone has the option to choose verizon US and Droid Pro...

Thanks

tennvol

Reaction score
Just a quick question to those that have unlocked.

I am currently using my pro in the us and was provided a unlock code by vzw. While still in the us I removed the vodaphone sim and put in a 02 sim and started the phone. The phone booted and prompted me to enter my unlock code. I tried both the A and B code and the sim still said puk locked. I called vzw and they stated that I must be overseas in order for me to unlock the phone.

Is this accurate? Id prefer to make sure my phone works before taking it overseas but if all else fails I have a gsm bb curve that I've used before.

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
Just a quick question to those that have unlocked.

I am currently using my pro in the us and was provided a unlock code by vzw. While still in the us I removed the vodaphone sim and put in a 02 sim and started the phone. The phone booted and prompted me to enter my unlock code. I tried both the A and B code and the sim still said puk locked. I called vzw and they stated that I must be overseas in order for me to unlock the phone.

Is this accurate? Id prefer to make sure my phone works before taking it overseas but if all else fails I have a gsm bb curve that I've used before.

The phone will unlock while in the US. It just won't work off the other network until you leave the US. If the codes aren't unlocking the phone then you have bad codes. I unlocked my phone standing in my kitchen in a major US city.