[please help] Droid pro Verizon sim unlock

jopps

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got a new Motorola droid pro Verizon but it is sim locked and I can't use any other sim card but original.

System version:
2.26.2.XT610.Verizon.en.US
Model:
DROID PRO
Android version:
Kernel:
2.6.32.9-g7d7b583

I have tried to unlock the sim card through buying a code from
Code:
http://sim-unlock.net
but that code didn't work.

So I have a couple of questions regarding the droid pro:

**Is there any other way to break the sim lock??

1) Is there any tool to unlock, or hack or anything, I have unlocked my SGS and friends SGS2 by using developed tools is there something like that for Droid pro?
2) If I flash the custom rom, will it be sim unlocked or not?

Please help,

Astaroth

Reaction score
Verizon unlocks your phone for free as long as you have had it for (I believe) 2 months. Just call Verizon Global Support, I think the number is 800-922-0204 but you can just call their regular support line and ask for Global. You'll need to call from a different phone because you can't unlock the phone while using it.

OP
J

jopps

Reaction score
Verizon unlocks your phone for free as long as you have had it for (I believe) 2 months. Just call Verizon Global Support, I think the number is 800-922-0204 but you can just call their regular support line and ask for Global. You'll need to call from a different phone because you can't unlock the phone while using it.

Thanks for the replay, we already tried calling but they refused to give the code, as mobile device haven't been used in US. And they asked for social security number etc.....

I can't believe there is no other way to unlock this device, any other suggestions guys?

P.S. If I wipe the whole phone and flash custom ROM sim lock will be removed or not?

P.S.S. :) How about SIM UNLOCK CARDS, like turbo sim or this one, does it do the work?

Code:
http://www.unlockitnow.com/products/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=691

Last edited:
OP
J

jopps

Reaction score
Hellooooouuuuu :)

Anyone?

Guys currently I'm an owner of a brick :) and not droid pro, I haven't moved an inch.

Can somone help and answer if I flash the custom ROM and wipe cache + factory reset will the sim lock still be there or removed?

Please, so that I can start the surgery on this brick and finally get something moving.

Thank you!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using DroidForums

chaihg

Reaction score
Hellooooouuuuu :)

Anyone?

Guys currently I'm an owner of a brick :) and not droid pro, I haven't moved an inch.

Can somone help and answer if I flash the custom ROM and wipe cache + factory reset will the sim lock still be there or removed?

Please, so that I can start the surgery on this brick and finally get something moving.

Thank you!

How is unbricking your device related to unlocking the simlock?.
Flash an sbf and unbrick your device then work around writing to all those eBay sellers asking if they have unlock code for the phone.
If soft unlocking does not work then I suggest you order those grevey sims and see if that can unlock.
Unfortunately there is nothing much one can do about this damn locks they put.

OP
J

jopps

Reaction score
OMG there is NO bricked phone.... I might as well own a brick or this sim locked mobile and it would be the same. Get it now?

I have tried the codes doesn't work I will try with the sim unlock.

So flashing custom rom I suppose dosen't wipe the sim lock...

Astaroth

Reaction score
How/why did you get a new Verizon Droid Pro without a contract?

jago25_98

Reaction score
TurboSim doesn't list droidpro as compatible. personnally I'd prefer to unlock it properly

don't really believe in the whole lock-it-to-prevent-theft idea tho...

update:

I'm in the UK. Bought a USA simlocked DroidPro secondhand off ebay thinking I would either be able to use one of those TurboSIM things or unlock it, or just use it on wifi like a tablet for testing. It turns out TurboSIM doesn't work and there's no USB unlock for it afaik.

Can't see another way to unlock it.

I thought it must be possible using a JTAG, but no idea on how to find how to do that. 3rd party phone shops generally are saying they don't know about USA phones, probably because they don't want to be party of a theft which is fair enough.

What makes it hard is that searching for "DroidPro" is a lot harder than i9100 for example. Is there not a codename for it?

Last edited: