SIM Card for Droid Pro

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
I am a recent convert to the Droid Pro. Verizon has provided the unlock code for my phone. I have a few questions:

1. I will be traveling in the UK and then to Asia (e.g. Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam). Can anyone suggest good sources to purchase prepaid SIM cards that will work?

2. According to Verizon I won't be able to enter the code until I insert the SIM. Does this make sense to you all?

3. I am a little nervous about the unlock code they gave me (in fact, they gave me two different ones because they were not sure). Shouldn't they know what the exact unlock code is? I'm thinking I should call back and ask another rep.

4. Is there anything I can do to test the unlock code while still stateside?

debracey

Reaction score
1. I will be traveling in the UK and then to Asia (e.g. Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam). Can anyone suggest good sources to purchase prepaid SIM cards that will work?

>> Dunno about that one

2. According to Verizon I won't be able to enter the code until I insert the SIM. Does this make sense to you all?

>> Yes, you can't get to the unlock screen until you insert a 3rd party SIM. Don't enter an incorrect unlock code too many times though, it could perm lock the phone. I'd suggest calling again to triple check and make the rep write in your file: "We will replace your phone at no cost if the phone is perm-locked."

3. I am a little nervous about the unlock code they gave me (in fact, they gave me two different ones because they were not sure). Shouldn't they know what the exact unlock code is? I'm thinking I should call back and ask another rep.

>> They should be able to give you the exact code. It is tied to the phone itself...

4. Is there anything I can do to test the unlock code while still stateside?

>> You could test it while still in the states by inserting an ATT or TMobile SIM (a prepaid one would work). The phone wont actually work on ATT or TMobile, but it will allow you to go through the unlock process