Verizon Unlimited Data Fee Increase

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I just got my statement for this past month, and still no notification of a price increase.
Neither do I. I'm thinking my corp plan has something to do with it.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Neither do I. I'm thinking my corp plan has something to do with it.

I'm not seeing it either. Is it on the first pages before the detailed portion of the bill?

I've been on a data plan since it was available as a "feature" on the Voyager then jumped to the Original Droid on release day. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

OP
Rognish

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Here's my bill, this is the first page.

Attachments

• bill.JPG
    bill.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 157

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Got a feeling they'll get us all ...
But, I was in the store last week, and while I waited, for a good long time, I had the chance to see their Ice Cream cone analogy.

If 16gb is $100.00 and I have 2 lines with unlimited @ $100.00 then it's still a better deal!

But now that I'm irritated about it I'll use the bleepin 'eck outta it. No more WiFi unless it's the dinner time slowdown!

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Okay, guess I spoke too soon or spoke before really checking...I don't get a blatant, "in-your-face" pop-up like cynkrazy shows regarding this so I'm still kinda wondering if it applies to me...it probably does. But when I go to view my bill, there is a blurb in there about them increasing the UDP pricing.

Something I thought of that *might* prevent the increase on my line, though I seriously doubt it, is that I do have a corporate *discount* applied to my line (which is a personal line, not a corporate line).

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Nope, I have a corporate discount as well, and noticed the blurb on my bill yesterday.... we'll still see the increase.

For me personally I use a lot of data so I don't mind. I'm still making out ok.

S5 tap'n

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
There is allegedly a 1-yr contract extension available as a loyalty program - "Loyalty International Program" and it's free and you keep UDP....saves you $240 over the year. Going to check it out.

ojhaley

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Ultra
Is it worth the risk of losing us all? I already pay so much more than my ATT coworkers that I'm not sure this will not push me over the edge. I use so much data that I will definitely have to weigh it out. I am with cynkrzy, no more wifi for me.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Is it worth the risk of losing us all? I already pay so much more than my ATT coworkers that I'm not sure this will not push me over the edge. I use so much data that I will definitely have to weigh it out. I am with cynkrzy, no more wifi for me.
Losing 1% of us who use UDP won't matter to vwz.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Exactly. 1% of a few million (or more) is not a big deal to them.

True, but they still don't want 1M users to walk, which would be over $100M in revenues (mostly profit).

I suspect this is just the first change. If not enough users leave, we will DEFINITELY see another price increase down the road. VZW is going to crunch all the numbers until they find just what unlimited data is worth to us.

But the fact I can still get a subsidized phone and may want to have multiple devices on my plan down the road...in addition to using way more data because I can (rather than need)...eventually their shared plans are going to be better value for me, but not yet.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I don't use much data anymore (I used to before I retired) so I called to gripe about the surcharge (I get the in your face popup). A nice support person explained carefully why it was done from VZ point of view and checked my history. Max data used was 3.9gb, average is less than 1. Offered me the Verizon plan with 6gb, unlimited everything else for $10 less than I pay now (or $30 less than what I would pay). The new plan also included mobile hotspot and would put me on the cycle where I did not have to pay full price anymore. I took it because to me $240 a year for something I'd likely now never need seemed a waste especially when my 450 min and 500 texts were now also gone. Still feel a bit abused but here it is the only real option.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't use much data anymore (I used to before I retired) so I called to gripe about the surcharge (I get the in your face popup). A nice support person explained carefully why it was done from VZ point of view and checked my history. Max data used was 3.9gb, average is less than 1. Offered me the Verizon plan with 6gb, unlimited everything else for $10 less than I pay now (or $30 less than what I would pay). The new plan also included mobile hotspot and would put me on the cycle where I did not have to pay full price anymore. I took it because to me $240 a year for something I'd likely now never need seemed a waste especially when my 450 min and 500 texts were now also gone. Still feel a bit abused but here it is the only real option.
I'd go with something smaller if your max usage was 4gb. The medium plan is another $15 in savings.