Verizon Unlimited Data Fee Increase

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
As of today I haven't received official notification about the pending increase. I believe it takes places on Nov 15. Wanted to see if anyone else received theirs?

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Nope. Lots of people said it was in their bill and received a popup when logging in. I haven't seen either.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's been brought to my attention that the thread I linked above was also closed due to off-topic rants and flaming. I'm reopening this thread so that VZW customers can discuss the status of their bills.

At the first sign of a flame-war, I will pull the plug here again. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but we want to keep this a friendly forum and this is a very hot topic that can get heated quickly if you let it. Please don't.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
As of today I haven't received official notification about the pending increase. I believe it takes places on Nov 15. Wanted to see if anyone else received theirs?
I have not seen any changes on my bill, or my account yet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
Rognish

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
My billing cycle is up today and I logged into the account after I started the thread and it flashed on my screen about the increase.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen either.

Damn. Me either. Was hoping I got lucky and escaped this. Fingers crossed it may not be as widespread as we thought and we might excluded!

By the way, if I get a fee increase I will no longer feel guilty about high usage when I travel. It's now at a price where it's only worth it if I tether and use a bunch of data. I view the price increase as tacit approval from Verizon to use as much data as I want however I want. They could kick me off or cancel my plan, but since they went with a price increase I consider that a compromise on their part.

I've also gotten several upgrade offers - which I thought subsidized phones/plans were gone. But apparently VZW will make an exception to get me off unlimited.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Damn. Me either. Was hoping I got lucky and escaped this. Fingers crossed it may not be as widespread as we thought and we might excluded!

By the way, if I get a fee increase I will no longer feel guilty about high usage when I travel. It's now at a price where it's only worth it if I tether and use a bunch of data. I view the price increase as tacit approval from Verizon to use as much data as I want however I want. They could kick me off or cancel my plan, but since they went with a price increase I consider that a compromise on their part.

I've also gotten several upgrade offers - which I thought subsidized phones/plans were gone. But apparently VZW will make an exception to get me off unlimited.
I'm on special employee plan so I'm waiting. Once it drops I'm cancelling my home internet and using the hell out of my unlimited data. I agree with you, they could have eliminated UDP but they raised rates. So that to me means "go ahead".

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Once it drops I'm cancelling my home internet and using the hell out of my unlimited data.

I'd consider it, but for starters my LTE at home is a really weak signal and I rarely get good speeds. Among other reasons, I just wouldn't benefit much if it would even work for me.

Traveling on the road is a different story. My cell can often have better speeds than the client's wireless....plus it hides my internet activity from the client ;)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Let's keep the specifics of how you're gonna make up for the added cost to a minimum here folks. Personal opinions are what caused the other thread to be shut down.

Not trying to be overbearing here. As stated, we know that this is a sensitive subject & want to offer a place for users to discuss, but we won't have the flaming back & forth over who thinks what is fair.

For other members who may stumble into this thread, keep in mind that though the price is said to change, the terms of the service have not. How you use your data is up to you, but Droid Forums doesn't recommend illegal tethering. (Call that my CYA content for the forum staff)

jrredho

Reaction score
I called yesterday for the sole purpose of finding out which month would include the price increase, because that was to be the date I was going to bolt to a different provider. I was told that it was slated to kick in for everyone on their first billing cycle after Nov 11th. For me, that meant starting on my Dec 3rd billing cycle.

On a side note, I'm almost positive that VZW are pushing hard to keep their customers around, despite the changed landscape. The CSR I spoke to described a plan that I'm sure is sufficient for my purposes, so I decided to let my UDP go then and there. What can I say? I just got tired of thinking about it, and didn't want to end up paying more for my two-line family plan. I think over the years the most data my wife and have used, combined, is 8 Gbytes for a given month, so I hope it's going to work.

That path also keeps me signed up for no-contract status as well. If I ever find I'm unhappy with that decision, I can bail then.

Good luck everyone!

cheers,
john

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I haven't seen anything yet either. I'm kinda hoping they'll "sweeten the deal" for anyone actually willing to switch from unlimited...maybe do something like double data.

I don't want VZW taking any more money out of my pocket than they need to, but I'm just not onboard with their pricing per GB either. It just seems too high IMO. Not like they're hurting for money when they're making billions in profit every quarter.

Rock and a hard place. All the other carriers' services are lackluster in this area...and wish Project Fi had a better carrier backing it.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
It's been brought to my attention that the thread I linked above was also closed due to off-topic rants and flaming. I'm reopening this thread so that VZW customers can discuss the status of their bills.

At the first sign of a flame-war, I will pull the plug here again. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but we want to keep this a friendly forum and this is a very hot topic that can get heated quickly if you let it. Please don't.

The thread still says closed and this a new thread same topic? If so my input is that sprint seems to have the best plans including unlimited and Verizon has the best customer service and widest selection of phones. I am not affiliated with any cell carrier BTW :) people keep asking me if I am:)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The thread still says closed and this a new thread same topic? If so my input is that sprint seems to have the best plans including unlimited and Verizon has the best customer service and widest selection of phones. I am not affiliated with any cell carrier BTW :) people keep asking me if I am:)

Yes this is a new thread same topic and hopefully it doesn't go offtopic like the last one. Sprint doesn't have the coverage VZW has here so it's not much of an option for me. I have a bunch of friends trying Project Fi right now. Hopefully they report back with good results, but they don't travel where I do.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Just checked my bill and nothing has changed and no indication it will and no recent emails regarding said price increase. Perhaps those of us on month to month grandfathered UDPs are exempt from this price increase tomfoolery.
It's a pipedream I know, but I'm perfectly fine with it either way. It's a small price to pay to keep my UDP intact.

S5 tap'n