verizon release date pushed

huehuehue

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice this morning that the release date for the Samsung S3 was pushed another day?

I was sort of hoping the "ship by" meant that the latest would be July 9th, but what would be the point of pushing it another day if it was going to release sooner? Lame.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
because im sure they got a ton of pre-orders and the longer people wait the longer that ship by date gets. So if people wait till next week before they cut off pre-orders im sure that date will be pushed back a little further. Im pretty sure anyone that ordered theirs before the shipping date got pushed back a day will get theirs before or by the 9th.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I ordered on the morning the preorder became available and according to the email they would email us if anything changed. I have not gotten a email so my guess is from here on out the orders will start to get pushed back

jgmecarter

Reaction score
armedmonkey said:
If it's the 21st of june why would they only ship it in july?

Because the 21st is for other carriers Verizon will not get until the 9th of July. And who knows why they are waiting other than they want to screw as many people out of there unlimited data as they can

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Preorder now and you have it. Or, buy a phone on Jun 27 then return it within 14 days and get the S3

jgmecarter

Reaction score
armedmonkey said:
Preorder now and you have it. Or, buy a phone on Jun 27 then return it within 14 days and get the S3

Has Verizon ever said when they are going to carry the SGS3 in stores. I can see them holding off for a week or two and just say that they are sold out. I have not read anywhere or heard from anyone that Verizon will have the phone on July 9th in stores for purchase. I would still use your upgrade leave it in the box and if Verizon does not have the SGS3 in stock before the 14 days are up sell it on the internet as a brand new phone and if you need to sell your old phone a well and you should have enough to buy the SGS3

johnd09

Reaction score
Has Verizon ever said when they are going to carry the SGS3 in stores. I can see them holding off for a week or two and just say that they are sold out. I have not read anywhere or heard from anyone that Verizon will have the phone on July 9th in stores for purchase. I would still use your upgrade leave it in the box and if Verizon does not have the SGS3 in stock before the 14 days are up sell it on the internet as a brand new phone and if you need to sell your old phone a well and you should have enough to buy the SGS3

I would expect stores to get them a little after the pre- orders ship but it is likely dependent on the amount of pre- orders they sell. If they have to fill to many orders they may be delayed getting to stores.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

menudo18

Reaction score
Yesterday i tried to upgrade to the S3 one employee told me i couldn't and would have to go under a tiered plan since i wouldn't get the phone till after the 28 th. Another did the upgrade and said it wouldn't be a problem.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yesterday i tried to upgrade to the S3 one employee told me i couldn't and would have to go under a tiered plan since i wouldn't get the phone till after the 28 th. Another did the upgrade and said it wouldn't be a problem.

Call back and complain. Because that employee is full of bull. I was offered the upgrade and still would've retained unlimited.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

menudo18

Reaction score
I think i need to upgrade because my contract is up next month and correct me if im wrong but Verizon should be able to force me into one of their new plans since my contract is up.