Verizon Plans to Discontinue 1-year Contracts Effective April 17

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Can everybody just take a chill pill and relax !!! Everything is OK , jeesh, they are doing this for your own good , they gonna reduce customer facing materials so you won't be confused anymore and have stupid questions , you gonna have a streamlined , simplified experience . Can't you see ? They are doing this for us :icon_ banana: . Thank you Verizon for being so awesome

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Can everybody just take a chill pill and relax !!! Everything is OK , jeesh, they are doing this for your own good , they gonna reduce customer facing materials so you won't be confused anymore and have stupid questions , you gonna have a streamlined , simplified experience . Can't you see ? They are doing this for us :icon_ banana: . Thank you Verizon for being so awesome

?? Sorry but having more options would help.people not removing them .. if Verizon took away every phone but one and said this will help be less confusing to customers would u still think its a good thing?? Having a choice of 30 different phones is more confusing then having 2 different types of contracts .. they are just using the "simplified" as a cop out

Xpain

Reaction score
Good bye Verizon. I only do 1 year contracts since I started using smartphones. If this is true, I might go with Sprint. Wasn't Sprint getting a few nice phones? I don't really talk all that much on the phone, so trust me, I won't miss the better network. I just hope this is not true so I don't have to do it...

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I never got 1 year contracts so I don't really care. Plus after a year you can always do an early upgrade for an extra $20, and I've done that a couple times already.

UNC

Reaction score
I never got 1 year contracts so I don't really care. Plus after a year you can always do an early upgrade for an extra $20, and I've done that a couple times already.

I don't think Verizon does early upgrades anymore. You may get one more if you signed your contract before this January, but its the last early upgrade you'll get.

taz1458

Reaction score
Say Im shocked but just like everything else in this america, Greed wins out...Gas prices, food prices, phones....will it ever end?

Dark Lazer

Reaction score

I don't think Verizon does early upgrades anymore. You may get one more if you signed your contract before this January, but its the last early upgrade you'll get.
Hm that sucks if true. I doubt I would've done an early upgrade at this point anyways since I got the Thunderbolt, and I'd like to be grandfathered in if and when they change to tiered data plans.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Running out of places to put a nail in this coffin...pretty soon it won't be wood, it'll be metal.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So everyone is leaving VZW over this.

Sprint - horrible network. 50% roaming per month.
AT&T - no 3rd party Android Apps - small 3G network and good luck with the T-M Merger

How many are really affected by this or really care? There's a small handful of people out there who are voicing their opinion on here and others are reading it going OMG, this is terrible. I looked at VZW accounts for 2-1/2 years and I can tell you there were very few of the 60 plus calls I took 5 days a week for that period of time that had annual contracts.

Lastly, if I have to clean up any more posts because of swearing in here, infractions will be handed out.

y0manda

Reaction score
I will ditch big red and take my 5 lines over to ssprint. My wife gets 10% off at sprint anyways through her work. Win Win for me. Laaaater

Sent from my Droid

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
So everyone is leaving VZW over this.

Sprint - horrible network. 50% roaming per month.
AT&T - no 3rd party Android Apps - small 3G network and good luck with the T-M Merger

How many are really affected by this or really care? There's a small handful of people out there who are voicing their opinion on here and others are reading it going OMG, this is terrible. I looked at VZW accounts for 2-1/2 years and I can tell you there were very few of the 60 plus calls I took 5 days a week for that period of time that had annual contracts.

Lastly, if I have to clean up any more posts because of swearing in here, infractions will be handed out.

Well at what point does it being to aggravate you? A lot of the things that make Verizon attractive are going away and in rapid succession, it's the collection of current trends that people are reacting to, not just this.