Verizon Note 4 Developer Edition

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1411417916_539372.jpg

If we do not have enough excitement with the Nexus 6, Droid Turbo, Note 4, and Moto X (2014), looks as if Samsung will be selling the Developer Edition of the Note 4 for Verizon. For those unaware, developer edition devices are easier to unlock the bootloader vs the carrier edition. For those interested it will set you back $662.53 plus tax and will be available soon.

boidsonly

Reaction score
Aw, hell. Now I really have to make a decision. I made the decision to buy the N6 when it came out and now I have to rethink that.....:)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Only problem with developer phones, if there is not a lot of development for it then you could be left in the wind. And with the nexus 6 on all us carriers you may not see a lot of development for the note 4.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
They really need to cut this 'developer edition' crap out!!! Just release the phone and let me do whatever the h#ll i wanna do with it... For example, When I buy a car, the automaker doesnt say you cant upgrade the intake!! What a waste, and on top of that to release it AFTER the official launch SMHHHH.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I actually like that they give us the "option". You give the regular user the security of having a truly "secure" phone, (or at least more secure). And those that want an unlocked bootloader, have that option available to them. There usually isn't any difference in price, and really....simply having the option available to us is what has made Android SO attractive for SO long.

S5 tap'n

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Nexus FTW. The online community alone will be 1000000000 times larger / better. :cool:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Only problem with developer phones, if there is not a lot of development for it then you could be left in the wind. And with the nexus 6 on all us carriers you may not see a lot of development for the note 4.
I think it depends on how many Note 4's are sold. If there are a ton of them, I think Dev's will do their thing.

Tonik

Reaction score
I think it depends on how many Note 4's are sold. If there are a ton of them, I think Dev's will do their thing.
Only if the standard edition is unlocked. If they don't pop that then there will not be enough dev editions sold to get the developers excited.

It's not worth it, wait to buy....If they unlock the regular edition then buy that.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
damnit, why... I agree with kinfolk, I don't buy a car and get told I can't upgrade it unless it's a lease, even then it just has to be stock when/if I return it.

stop telling us what we can and cannot do, just setup a damn site to let us give-up our warranty if that's what you are worried about.

I love my N2 however I want something I can swim and shower with, why not eh? the sony Z3v is looking like my best bet. definitely keeping my eye on this though

Slickademo

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the droid turbo. Looks to have the best specs overall. Hopefully it'll be easy to unlock the bootloader :)