Verizon May Soon Offer Limited Edition Version of Samsung Galaxy S4

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
evleaks-vzw-sgs4-le-back-cover.jpg

Here's a story that is both intriguing and a head-scratcher. A new @evleaks pic suggests that Verizon may soon offer a Limited Edition version of the Samsung Galaxy S4. While this would normally be cause for an ensuing happy dance, the Limited Edition is "very limited" as far as the context of the device. According to the leak, a special Limited Edition version of the SGS4 will simply be the same hardware as the normal SGS4, but will come with customizable backplates sporting the KidRobot branding.

If you are scratching your head at that one, you are not alone. One, you may not even have heard of the KidRobot brand of toys which were founded in 2002... we certainly hadn't. Two, even if you have heard of them, it begs the questions as to why VZW would create a Limited Edition SGS4 with a little known kids toy branding on the back? If you are into the KidRobot stuff you may be happy to learn that you can choose between Kronk, Mad, Buff Monster, Groening, and a generic KidRobot back-cover. There will also be some wallpapers to go along with these, and you can apparently create custom wallpapers.

Perhaps the KidRobot stuff is just one example and there will be some additional custom back-plate options. We are unsure at this point so just consider that last part pure speculation. If you can shed more light on this subject, please feel free to comment in the thread to enlighten the rest of us.

Source: @evleaks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That's pretty cool. Never got into the KidRobot stuff but the fact that it's available on Verizon is cool enough

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I can see the mad rush to get one....said no one ever.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I have a kidrobot hat. ;)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have no idea what that kidrobot even is.

Worst Special Edition idea Ever!

Beamed From the white sun in the S4 Galaxy.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So, smoking rabbits or Labbits, is the direction Verizon is going in. Brilliant!!!

jspradling7

Reaction score
They don't look like kids or robots.

Make it a Nexus device and it'll sell no matter who's cute logo you stick on the back plate. : )

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
You would think vz would try and appeal to adults, not children....way to go Samsung...lame

I don't think kids can afford their toys. I owned a couple Kid Robot merch when I was in HS, but just shirts and a couple of hats. That was a long time ago though.