Sprint to Get a Purple Samsung Galaxy S4 While Verizon Gets a Brown One

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-purple-sgs4-evleaks.png

Samsung is following the same pattern with their Galaxy S4 that they did with the Galaxy S3, but this time at an accelerated rate. They are already introducing new colors for the SGS4. Sprint will be getting a purple version and Verizon will be getting a brown version. This is the same thing they did with the SGS3, but it took a bit longer for it to happen with that device. Above is the evleak revealing the purple Sprint version coming, and below we actually have a leaked pic of the brown VZW version.

Verizon-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Brown.jpg

Wouldn't it be smarter to offer these alternate colored devices at the initial launch? That way the OEM could nab those few folks who want a more unique take on the device right when it comes out. Perhaps this is just a way to drum up sales after the initial fever pitch of the first launch has died out.

Source: UnWiredView

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
All man this is too hilarious. How in the blue hell, did Verizon get such an awful color? :icon_ rofl::icon_ rofl:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Brown actually looks fairly nice and a color I would've considered had it been available when I upgraded. Was hoping more colors would've been out by then, but heck, I was a week early before the 32gb units were going to be up on sale.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I laugh at these futile attempts to head off Google's answer to customization effort. It takes months after release for these manufacturers to produce even a simple color change, and when they do they're carrier exclusive with A SINGLE OPTION.

Can't wait to watch those days vanish in the coming weeks.