Verizon Goes Nuts This Weekend Doubling iPhone and Samsung Phone Storage for FREE (& More)

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I understand the promotions offered to attract new customers.... But damn, they literally offer NOTHING to current, long-time customers. A little data here or there for a year? Big deal.

I'm waiting for my 6P to be delivered and may move to Fi or T-Mo.
You are looking to buy your phone at the wrong place then. 3RD party stores like Costco and Best Buy will have great offers for upgrades. Over the weekend, we were doing a $100 bill credit on device payments with the purchase of at least a 64gb iPhone or Galaxy, plus a $150 Costco gift card.

I get your point though, Verizon (and all carriers really) don't care about the existing customers just because new lines make them more money. It's stupid.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

alhadee12

Reaction score
Not true. You have 3 no money down options, and one 30% down option.

Next 12 is a total of 20 payments, with a 12 month trade-in, no money down
Next 18 is 24 total payments, with an 18 month trade-in, no money down
Next 24 is a total of 30 payments, with a 24 month trade-in, no money down

And Next 12 w/Down Payment is a total of 28 payments, upgrade in 12 months, and 30% down on total device price.

To give you a little clarity, they have a buy one get one free offer that I've discussed in a previous post. You have to purchase them on the Next 24 option, which means you have to keep the phones for two years.

Also, someone else posted that if you traded in the phone after two years you can lose the benefit. So, my statement is true.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's an awesome deal for those in need of a new device and are willing to go contract...
Wasn't this offer for device payments only? That's not 'technically' a contract. I know that the offer was that way for my work.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
To give you a little clarity, they have a buy one get one free offer that I've discussed in a previous post. You have to purchase them on the Next 24 option, which means you have to keep the phones for two years.

Also, someone else posted that if you traded in the phone after two years you can lose the benefit. So, my statement is true.
You can do it on Next 12 w/ Down Payment as well. And I'm the one that told you that :) I forgot you were speaking about the bogo offer. In that case, you are right. But they still give you more options for upgrading early than other carriers :)

alhadee12

Reaction score
You can do it on Next 12 w/ Down Payment as well. And I'm the one that told you that :) I forgot you were speaking about the bogo offer. In that case, you are right. But they still give you more options for upgrading early than other carriers :)

That I agree with, I was trying to find the cheapest option to move from Verizon without have to cover the entire cost of my phones that I currently have. Sprint and T-Mobile offer the best options to cover switching cost. Also, I think 16GB is not enough to storage space. If I upgrade to 64GB, I might as well stay with Verizon.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That I agree with, I was trying to find the cheapest option to move from Verizon without have to cover the entire cost of my phones that I currently have. Sprint and T-Mobile offer the best options to cover switching cost. Also, I think 16GB is not enough to storage space. If I upgrade to 64GB, I might as well stay with Verizon.
Unfortunately now that we are dealing with no annual service contacts which typically include device payments, I think the way AT&T is doing it with a monthly credit of the device payment amount is all we are going to see. Rather than the traditional "free" phone we previously saw w/ contract. If they just gave you a credit of $585, or $650 in the case of the iPhone, what is stopping someone from just cancelling the service right away? I believe they are also trying to avoid fraud where people buy the phones and then sell them elsewhere for more.

alhadee12

Reaction score
Unfortunately now that we are dealing with no annual service contacts which typically include device payments, I think the way AT&T is doing it with a monthly credit of the device payment amount is all we are going to see. Rather than the traditional "free" phone we previously saw w/ contract. If they just gave you a credit of $585, or $650 in the case of the iPhone, what is stopping someone from just cancelling the service right away? I believe they are also trying to avoid fraud where people buy the phones and then sell them elsewhere for more.

I agree with what they're looking at doing. I'm just trying to find the best network for my needs, while reducing my cost.