Verizon Galaxy S5 Camera Failures?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Quite a few people who own VZW's Galaxy S5 are reporting camera failures, saying that the camera won’t open and instead presents a message that says “Warning: Camera Failed.” There's also reports that third-party apps simply show a black screen and then force close. Any other app that tries to access the camera just crashes. Anyone having issues with the camera? This appears to be a hardware issue and word is many retailers are performing multiple exchanges per day for this problem. Please vote in the poll!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sammy and VZW have acknowledged the issue. Failures seem to be limited to VZW and Sprint. Sammy has posted the following statement:

Samsung is committed to providing the best experience for customers. We have learned that a limited number of Galaxy S 5 devices may have an issue that causes "Camera Failure" pop-up error message. We ask that customers affected call 1-888-987-4357 or visit their carrier for service under Samsung's standard limited warranty.
[FONT=Segoe UI, proxima-nova, proxima-nova-1, proxima-nova-2, Proxima Nova, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI, proxima-nova, proxima-nova-1, proxima-nova-2, Proxima Nova, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If you are experiencing this issue, hurry down to your local retailer for a replacement.[/FONT]

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Wow, that's rather huge. My phone always doubles as my primary camera. I truly hope they can turn this problem around.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
This seems to be a CDMA issue as I have not seen any GSM reports.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Camera works great on mine. Best phone camera I have had. The only phone that actually replaces my need to carry an actual camera with me.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Camera works great on mine. Best phone camera I have had. The only phone that actually replaces my need to carry an actual camera with me.
Glad you got a good one.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Is it something that will crop up eventually or have the affected cameras never had a working camera on it?

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Good to hear that not every S5 has the camera issue...at least what's been reported here. :p

NYMase

Reaction score
No camera failures but I have a question about the camera

Is there anyway to just make it take quick shots? Sometime the camera takes quick pictures and sometimes I get this annoying blue circle that tells me to wait and hold the camera still and it takes forever to take the picture...Is there anyway to avoid this and just take quick pictures?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
No camera failures but I have a question about the camera

Is there anyway to just make it take quick shots? Sometime the camera takes quick pictures and sometimes I get this annoying blue circle that tells me to wait and hold the camera still and it takes forever to take the picture...Is there anyway to avoid this and just take quick pictures?
Check the settings, see if there is a burst mode.

NYMase

Reaction score
Check the settings, see if there is a burst mode.

Yep, I do have burst mode on...I know 2 other people with S5s and they have the same issue...Sometimes it just takes a quick photo and sometime this circle comes up with a blue line going around it telling you to hold the camera still and it takes about 10-20 seconds before it's done...Sometimes whatever I was taking a picture of has already moved and the picture is ruined...I see no difference in the quality between the quick picture and the one with the blue circle that tells you to wait...There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it happens, whether it be in low light or high light settings, etc.

Thanks for your help

steelman52

Reaction score
Quite a few people who own VZW's Galaxy S5 are reporting camera failures, saying that the camera won’t open and instead presents a message that says “Warning: Camera Failed.” There's also reports that third-party apps simply show a black screen and then force close. Any other app that tries to access the camera just crashes. Anyone having issues with the camera? This appears to be a hardware issue and word is many retailers are performing multiple exchanges per day for this problem. Please vote in the poll!

I had this happen on my Galaxy S5, opened camera and it said “Warning: Camera Failed.” I fixed the problem by closing all open apps and clearing the RAM memory. The camera opened fine after doing those two things. It has worked fine ever since.