Verizon Galaxy S3 sometimes freezes phone when turning data on/off

Tcco94

Reaction score
I got my Galaxy S3 a couple days ago. Love it so far but have had one problem that does bug me. I have Verizon wireless so when I don't need to use data and to save battery I turn it off. When I go to turn it on then go to an app like facebook, instagram or etc. sometimes it will freeze. I can't go back and the screen is usually black and I can't get the notification bar either. Then if I click the power button on the right I won't be able go get back into the phone. None of the buttons will work but the phone is still on. I have to take out the battery and start it up again which is what really frustrates me.

Anyone have any problem like this and is there any fix? I just got this phone on Tuesday so it's updated and everything, even had an updated sticker on the box. I'm not sure if its because I turn on the data then try to open an app to fast which makes it freeze. I'll try to wait after turning on the data then see if it stops doing it. It doesn't happen everytime but it will happen about twice a day.

Any help would be great.
Thanks!

-Tyler

quinn954

Reaction score
I've been having a problem with facebook freezing up to but only on the mobile site if you hold down the button at the bottom of your phones it will open task manager or it will give you an option to open task manager manager select turn internet off

quinn954

Reaction score
Also don't use the app version of facebook want to get on the mobile version and go to desktop

OP
T

Tcco94

Reaction score
I try holding down the home button to open task manager but at that point its to late and the phone has already froze.... Holding it down wont do anything neither will holding down the power button either to turn it off.

quinn954

Reaction score
I was having the same trouble and I would press the hold button release it and then press and hold it down I thought at first it was a problem with root if that doesn't work for you take the battery off and don't turn off your internet

jzucker

Reaction score
it doesn't have anything to do with turning off internet

I was having the same trouble and I would press the hold button release it and then press and hold it down I thought at first it was a problem with root if that doesn't work for you take the battery off and don't turn off your internet

I've had this problem a dozen times. certain sites or apps will cause it to hang almost every time. Very frustrating. Only solution is to pop the battery out.

akin67

Reaction score
Galaxy S3 often freezes

I've had this problem a dozen times. certain sites or apps will cause it to hang almost every time. Very frustrating. Only solution is to pop the battery out.

My S3 also freezes often and the the only way to get out is to take the battery out and restart the phone. I usually experience this while listening to Sirius satellite radio. Usually the screen will turn off (turn black) as it goes into Power save mode. Although the radio will still be playing, nothing else on the phone is responsive. Not the menu, power or volume buttons and not the back button. Once it gets to this state the only recourse is to remove the battery.

I would love to hear it if anyone has figured out how to fix this.

Thx

steeletown

Reaction score
akin67 said:
My S3 also freezes often and the the only way to get out is to take the battery out and restart the phone. I usually experience this while listening to Sirius satellite radio. Usually the screen will turn off (turn black) as it goes into Power save mode. Although the radio will still be playing, nothing else on the phone is responsive. Not the menu, power or volume buttons and not the back button. Once it gets to this state the only recourse is to remove the battery.

I would love to hear it if anyone has figured out how to fix this.

Thx

I had the same problem I did a factory reset from the back up and reset menu in the general settings menu and it has not done it since.