Verizon Galaxy Nexus Drops to $99.99 with Contract

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsunggalaxynexus.jpg

Samsung's Galaxy Nexus on Verizon has dropped to $99.99 with a two year contract. Last month the device dropped from $299.99 to $149.99 and now Verizon has slashed another $50 off the price. Without a contract, the phone will still set you back $649.99, even though you can snag an unlocked nexus on the Play Store for $349.99. The move has caused many to speculate that another Nexus device is incoming, although we haven't heard anything other than the rumor that Google will release five Nexus devices on the Play Store this fall. The price is an online only deal, so you will have to go through Verizon's website to take advantage of it. If you're eligible for an upgrade and don't want to spend a lot, the Nexus is a great option.

Source: Phone Arena

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I can't wait for vzw to go all LTE. Hopefully, it will allow for the unlock freedom that GSM carriers have had for years.

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing and ordered one last night to replace my RAZR since I was eligible to get it for $49. I'll give the RAZR to the wife to replace her DX1. I will be switching to the new share everything plan that most people are pissed off about since it will save me between $20-30 a month and get me unlimited minutes over the 1400 shared we had now. I didn't like giving up my unlimited data, but I have never gone over 3gb in a month ever anyway since I use wifi in most places that I need data.

I am really looking forward to flashing ROMs again like back in the Droid 1 days! The RAZR was a decent device but that locked bootloader stifled development and ruined it for me since day one.

As a side note, Amazon wireless had been offering the G Nexus for $49 for a while which is what started me thinking about it.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
DeadlyAP1 said:
I noticed the same thing and ordered one last night to replace my RAZR since I was eligible to get it for $49. I'll give the RAZR to the wife to replace her DX1. I will be switching to the new share everything plan that most people are pissed off about since it will save me between $20-30 a month and get me unlimited minutes over the 1400 shared we had now. I didn't like giving up my unlimited data, but I have never gone over 3gb in a month ever anyway since I use wifi in most places that I need data.

I am really looking forward to flashing ROMs again like back in the Droid 1 days! The RAZR was a decent device but that locked bootloader stifled development and ruined it for me since day one.

As a side note, Amazon wireless had been offering the G Nexus for $49 for a while which is what started me thinking about it.

Thanks for the tip. Its either get this phone or wait for the Razr HD.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pretty good price for a Nexus :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I might jump on this. Or wait for the rumored Google devices coming in was it Nov 5?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

djsiva

Reaction score
Not hardly! This baby is very much allive and will be for some time to come!

No way the price drops to 99 without EOL coming soon. Don't get me wrong though, I love my G-Nex and even passed on the S3 because of the bootloader.