Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Nexus Now Free With Two Year Contract

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsunggalaxynexus.jpg

Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Nexus has dropped in price once again and is now free with a two year contract from Best Buy until August 25th. It has only been a week since the Nexus dropped to $99.99 on Verizon's website, causing many to speculate that another Nexus device will be arriving soon. If you are in the market for a new device without a lot of up front cost, this is definitely a good choice. Check out Best Buy's website or visit them in-store to take advantage of the deal.

Source: Phone Arena

Last edited:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Can you renew a Verizon contract at Best Buy, or is this for new users only?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
unlimited data would not be included with renewed contract *wink*

pinoy_92

Reaction score
well they are trying to get rid of it before apple bans the phone

jwilly216

Reaction score
Would of been nice if they did this before switching to shared plans. Me needs me grandfathered unlimited

QElliott17

Reaction score
I really want this phone, but I am not ready for an upgrade until Aug 28. If I use verizon I can upgrade today, but it is still 99.99 there. Any ideas on a way around this?

RyanPm40

Reaction score
unlimited data would not be included with renewed contract *wink*

Yeah, I'm aware, but I've kind of come to terms with it. I know I won't be able to afford a phone at full retail price for the next 3 years while I'm still in college. I only make enough to pay my car bills, gas and data plan, with a very little amount of cash on top of it.

Anyone think this deal is worth it? My TB has been having a lot of bugs lately and I'm kind of bored with it now. Free sounds good, and I have friends with 2GB data plans who never go near their data cap (My friend used Pandora for an entire 17 hour car drive without going near his data cap on his iPhone, anyway). How fast does LTE eat away at data? Also, I use Google Music in my car every day so I am a bit worried at how that would affect my data..

I can't afford more than the 30 a month I'm paying, though, and even though I use Wi-Fi on my phone the entire time I'm home, it just occurred to me that at my college, I have no way of connecting to wifi on my phone, so hopefully that doesn't get me into trouble.

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
Just log in to VZW and check your bills for the past few months. If you have never gone over 2gb, you know you will be all set assuming you continue to use the same amount of data.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Just log in to VZW and check your bills for the past few months. If you have never gone over 2gb, you know you will be all set assuming you continue to use the same amount of data.

How? When I look at Usage Details, It literally lists every time of today that I've accessed internet for each day of the week. It doesn't tell me the total I've used in a month. And if I look at my bill, it just says 0 because I have unlimited data.

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
I just switched over to the shared plan because it works out cheaper for me. But, when I had the unlimited up till last month, I was still able to look at the detailed bill and see how many GB I had used with my unlimited plan. You may just have to download the previous bills.