Verizon forced my hand

cj1896

Reaction score
No more one year deals and my OG Droid was showing it's age. I walked in yesterday and am a proud new owner of the Tbolt. What a great choice. Once I get this rooted and OC'd I have a feeling it can become a beast.

scion676

Reaction score
No more one year deals and my OG Droid was showing it's age. I walked in yesterday and am a proud new owner of the Tbolt. What a great choice. Once I get this rooted and OC'd I have a feeling it can become a beast.

Congrats, they forced my hand as well since the 2 things I cared about are unlim 4G data, and 1-year plans. I picked up a TB last week. Awesome phone, I'd recommend the extended batt if you are a heavy user. I plan on rooting as well but I am waiting for the ota release of gingerbread in June before doing so. Hope it works out for ya!

-Scion

slinky

Reaction score
Congrats. Same here as well. Don't like 2 year plans for a variety of reasons. While the phone has its share of bad decisions, the upsides are well worth it, especially the one year deal. It's definitely fast enough, larger screen makes it easier to type,4G and data plan. It was a no brainer. I am concerned that plans will be very different for the Bionic...

52brandon

Reaction score
I am concerned that plans will be very different for the Bionic...
agreed, I think the iphone 5 will be the start of tiered 4G plans and the bionic will come right after. Aside from the TB having a released kernel source and moto not leaning that way with their products

JVince

Reaction score
+1 on the tiered concerns. After seeing what the LTE speeds were like on the "4G" wifi cards here at work I couldn't pass up locking that in at the same price. The phone itself has been impressing me daily. I might have to cave and get the extended battery though. I'm hoping they'll drop a 1600-1800 slim battery though :).

Metups

Reaction score
Yep, same thing here - got mine on Sunday. 1-yr contract.