Verizon Droid X coming July 19th?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid X will ship on July 15th for $199, but it won't come with Froyo or Flash -- that's coming "later this summer."

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
whoa...

"Verizon is accelerating upgrade dates -- everyone with an upgrade date in 2010 can updgrade to the Droid X at launch."

take that, Apple :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
whoa...

"Verizon is accelerating upgrade dates -- everyone with an upgrade date in 2010 can updgrade to the Droid X at launch."

take that, Apple :)

Curious, is the hotspot going to be their tether solution?

yes. unless you're rooted of course

How exactly would they stop Pdanet from working on a normal non-rooted?

EDITED: I guess now since they have an option they will police it alot more.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good thing my early upgrade is not until 2011. I n eed that to keep me disciplined from getting a new phone lol. That still may not be enough.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unless i could turn off moto blur, and be assured that I could get the updates the same time as everyone else, which will never happen.. i'm kinda turned off by this phone. Even the droid 2 is supposed to come with moto-blur from what i hear. :( Sad day.

Sal

Reaction score
Unless i could turn off moto blur, and be assured that I could get the updates the same time as everyone else, which will never happen.. i'm kinda turned off by this phone. Even the droid 2 is supposed to come with moto-blur from what i hear. :( Sad day.

If everything new is coming with either Motoblur or Sense (or whatever that Samsung equivalent is) than we'll just have to pick one. And no one will be getting fast Android OS updates.

kristoff125

Reaction score

If everything new is coming with either Motoblur or Sense (or whatever that Samsung equivalent is) than we'll just have to pick one. And no one will be getting fast Android OS updates.

can custom roms built from the android source can get rid of motoblur?