Verizon Could Owe Apple $14 Billion Over Insufficient iPhone Sales

n8pbm

Reaction score
From Forbes: Links 12 July: Verizon Could Owe Apple $14 Billion Over Insufficient iPhone Sales - Forbes

Two analysts have had a look at Apple AAPL +0.27%‘s deal with Verizon (as seen through the accounts of Verizon itself) and they come to slightly different but not contradictory answers as to what it all means. Essentially, that Verizon isn’t selling the number of iPhones that it committed to and it’s going to owe Apple $12 to $14 billion as a result. Note that’s for the phones that it hasn’t sold, there’s a further similar amount due for those it has:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Karma?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Sal R.

Reaction score
Can't say I'm surprised. Big red (and another carriers) came into the game too late.

I see this as another opportunity for big red to pass on the losses to their customers.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I wonder if they verizon wanted to convert everyone to iPhones, considering the amount they bought:D

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Can't say I'm surprised. Big red (and another carriers) came into the game too late.

I see this as another opportunity for big red to pass on the losses to their customers.

I'll second this.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.