1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Sales of the Galaxy S III Actually Surged After Samsung Court Loss & iPhone 5 Launch

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 3, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Here is an ironic set of statistics that might frustrate Apple. Apparently, directly after two major Apple events sales of their biggest competitor's phones surged rather than declined. As you can see in the chart above, directly after Apple won the landmark verdict in court against Samsung sales of Samsung's flagship, the Galaxy S III surged. One instance might seem like a fluke, but it happened again just recently, directly after the launch if the new iPhone 5.

A new study from analytics company Localytics shows that Galaxy S3 sales are still high and growing from week to week. The study highlighted particular Galaxy S3 sale spikes in late August and mid-September, directly after Apple’s $1 billion court win against Samsung, and directly after the iPhone 5 launch. Here's a quote with some details,

If you read between the lines it's not hard to see that folks were waiting to see what the specs would be for the new iPhone 5, and afterwards decided that the SGS3 was the better value. Of course, it's also important to note that retailers where having sales on the SGS3 around these same times as well, but that alone couldn't account for the large sales spike. Could Apple's hype-machine and legal shenanigans actually be helping their competition?

Source: AndroidAuthority
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Its because bad publicity is still publicity.... just like apple is enjoying a bunch of free advertising from Samsungs current campaign of commercials :)

While its funny to us, apple is really laughing...:banghead:
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

I think after the iPhone5 launch, people saw it wasn't much different and decided to go elsewhere.
  4. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

While waiting for 150 people to play with the new iphone, potential buyers got to mess with the Samsung model, had time to reminiscence about the commercial and how it portrayed iphone owners, saw 150 people proving the commercial true, decided go another direction.
    That's my take on it and wonder how many actually did a side by side before deciding on another direction.
    I believe Samsung advertising on Apple owners being clones of each other is almost as brilliant as when Apple started advertising a generic human being grooving to their personal tunes for the original ipod.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From a Beano
  5. Lars

Lars New Member

My wife is in the market for a new phone and will likely go with the GSIII. She loves the idea of getting the device that Apple is angry about. She hates everything about the iPhone (which I don't personally understand because they are quality devices), so an Android device that Apple wants to crush is exactly what she wants. Let's just all admit, I landed a great woman!