verizon ads interrupting

jdevine

Reaction score
When I have my Verizon/Motorola Droid Bionic with the USB connection set to "USB mass storage," merely plugging it into my PC launches my browser and a noisy video ad for Verizon. The Verizon people say I can avoid this by setting by USB connection to "Charge only," but then I can't transfer data to the discs in the phone. So -- what can I do to avoid the obnoxious ad without putting it on "charge only"? Anyway, what is the difference between "PC Mode," "Windows Media Sync" mode, and "USB mass storage" mode? And finally, why is there no manual for this phone? (I read the "Missing Manual" for Droid X; it was good, but not enough.)
Jim

ripper2860

Reaction score
If using a Windows PC, try disabling Autoplay. With Autoplay enabled Windows will run anything contained on that drive's autorun.inf. You could also try renaming autorun.inf if it is permitted on the phone.

mamawm

Reaction score
as to the missing owners manual, it's there on your phone under one of the bloatware apps called help center under the guide tab.

Tonik

Reaction score
On a windows box when that happens look down by your clock, there will be an icon there for the Moto software that is running when you plug in. Fire up that icon and you will see a setting to turn off the auto popup.

OP
J

jdevine

Reaction score
thanks!

On a windows box when that happens look down by your clock, there will be an icon there for the Moto software that is running when you plug in. Fire up that icon and you will see a setting to turn off the auto popup.

thanks! I think that worked. :biggrin: