Vcast available for android now

armeddroid

Reaction score
Verizon's V CAST Video for Android now available, runs $10 a month -- Engadget

Verizon's V CAST Video for Android now available, runs $10 a month

Android owners on Verizon now have a new (albeit pricey) way to bide their time as they wait in grocery store checkout lines, doctors' offices, traffic jams, DMVs, and Engadget Show entrance gates, because Big Red is flipping the switch today on its V CAST Video offering for every Google-powered handset to hit its network so far. The Droid, Droid Eris, Devour, Droid Incredible, and Ally are all equipped to take advantage of the app, which claims to offer over 230 full-length shows spanning over 40 programming providers -- but the downside is that it'll cost you $10 a month on top of your data plan, the same that V CAST Video On Demand runs on Verizon's other phones. If you're willing to take the plunge, look for it in the Market right away.

efffin mat

Reaction score
checked the market, didn't find anything. anyone know anything about this?

must....get....before....thursday.........

OP
armeddroid

armeddroid

Reaction score
Yeah...i think when i posted, WuYanks posted the same thing.
We both are not seeing it, although its saying that.
lol
IDK...maybe later on today..
hopefully

fatpat3

Reaction score
Does anyone see it yet? I've looked on the market and nothing is there

efffin mat

Reaction score
looked everywhere, all over verizons site.

they do list the droid as compatible, and the PR says to daownload it in the market.

by get it today, I think they meant, get it later today.

fatpat3

Reaction score
Ok thx, and does any1 know if they will be giving out free trials for it. I really just want to watch the world cup from my phone which is only a month and I don't want to spend the money to pay for it

Heelfan71

Reaction score
. I really just want to watch the world cup from my phone which is only a month and I don't want to spend the money to pay for it

So you want something that cost money for free. Want want want. Spend the $10 for a month if it is that important.

efffin mat

Reaction score
you get a month free to sign up.

watching the world cup is the only reason I want it.

yes I plan on ditching the service after the world cup is over.

it IS that important. and no I won't spend 10 bucks on it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
While I liked V-Cast on my old Voyager, I don't think I'd want to spend $10 a month for the privilege. Looking on their site there is also a $3 daily fee (if you don't have the $10 monthly fee).

barrio12002

Reaction score
I just talked to a vzw Rep and he said that as soon as is available it's gonna show up on the market place

efffin mat

Reaction score
thanks for the info!

i'd check, but I'm at work.

where i hope to watch spanish language broadcasts of the FREAKING WORLD CUP soon.

yessss!!

kpiskin

Reaction score
Maybe I don't get it but why would I want to pay extra for this? It's not clear to me what is so unique about it that I can't get elsewhere. And isn't it less expensive for Verizon if I stay on their intranet compared to me venturing out past their local data storage to find the same content?

efffin mat

Reaction score
the only reason I'm interested is because I know of no other way to watch the world cup LIVE on my phone.