Using the Phone

tpiorkowski

Reaction score
I have had the Driod 3 for about 3 weeks and this is the best phone I ever owned.
However, over the last few days, I have been experiencing an issue when using the phone.
Here are some examples:
1. When I use the phone and place it to my ear, the phone screen use to go off, and when taken away from my ear, the screen would re-appear. Now, many times in stays on, and, my ear depresses many on the dial buttons making it a distraction when speaking.
2. Sometime it does the opposite, when I am done with the call, the screen is still blank, and, I have to depress the button on the top of the phone and have it re-appears, and then depress the end call botton.
3. Up to three weeks ago, I never had this strange problem.
Did I somehow change a setting, and, how can I get it back to the way is was when I forst started using the phone?

Thanks in advance.
Tom

doogald

Reaction score
I have had the Driod 3 for about 3 weeks and this is the best phone I ever owned.
However, over the last few days, I have been experiencing an issue when using the phone.
Here are some examples:
1. When I use the phone and place it to my ear, the phone screen use to go off, and when taken away from my ear, the screen would re-appear. Now, many times in stays on, and, my ear depresses many on the dial buttons making it a distraction when speaking.

Did you, by chance, install a screen protector on the phone? Is it covering the proximity sensor (which is to the right of the speaker, just to left of the notification LED)?

If so, try removing the protector. If not, never mind...

NoBloatware

Reaction score
1) screen protector or case blocking light sensor?
2) some odd app/widget that you installed
3) go to phone settings > call settings > show dialpad > and make sure only "service numbers" is checked
4) also I have phone settings > display settings > in pocket detection > unchecked

OP
T

tpiorkowski

Reaction score
Did you, by chance, install a screen protector on the phone? Is it covering the proximity sensor (which is to the right of the speaker, just to left of the notification LED)?

If so, try removing the protector. If not, never mind...

Yes, I did, I will remove it and see what happens, Thanks for your help, Tom