1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen darkens and never re-lights during a call

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by dave.mclellan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. dave.mclellan

dave.mclellan New Member

New behavior on a Droid3 purchased in September: for some time, the screen would darken when I place or receive a call, but would re-light when I moved the phone away from the ear to view the screen during the call. Now, the screen remains dark all the time, unless I push the power button to lighten it. I can't find any configuration controls that I might have accidentally pushed to cause this.

Is it a bug? is the config control to restore the factory behavior? Is the automatic re-light the factory behavior?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dave McLellan
  2. doogald

doogald Member

Do you have a case or screen protector that is covering the proximity sensor on the top right of the front of the phone? It's just to the right of the speaker - there are three things there: proximity sensor, LED, front-facing camera.
  3. dave.mclellan

dave.mclellan New Member

sure enough, that's it.

Absolutely, that was the problem. Thank you! Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!

I did cut a new screen protector recently, and had not yet correlated the date i put it on with the change in the behavior.

Thank you so much!

Search tags for this page
android phone screen black during call
droid charge black screen during call
droid pro screen blackout during call

droid x black screen during call

droidx screen turns black when calling
how to view screen while in call